PDA

View Full Version : Websites

Rubybubbles
19-06-2008, 01:21 PM
I'm thinking of getting pauline to do me a website, for when I move think it would be good to have something else for the parents to look at?

How successful have your own websites been through parents out of interest?

LittleMissSparkles
19-06-2008, 01:25 PM
Pauline did mine for me and I have just had a phone call only yesterday as a result of it from parents in London who are visiting here tommorow (friday ) for a wedding where children arent invited and they were looking for childcare for their 6month old baby boy from 4 till 11pm....... Im charging £10 an hour........ meeting the mum at the hotel in the morning..... so well worth doin one you never know who might have a look !!!!

xxx

Thanks to Pauline xxx

littlewonders
19-06-2008, 01:33 PM
Pauline did mine for me and I have just had a phone call only yesterday as a result of it from parents in London who are visiting here tommorow (friday ) for a wedding where children arent invited and they were looking for childcare for their 6month old baby boy from 4 till 11pm....... Im charging £10 an hour........ meeting the mum at the hotel in the morning..... so well worth doin one you never know who might have a look !!!!

xxx

Thanks to Pauline xxx

How cool is that?! Well done you!! :thumbsup: Hope it goes well for you xx

LittleMissSparkles
19-06-2008, 01:38 PM
How cool is that?! Well done you!! :thumbsup: Hope it goes well for you xx

Thank you :) xxx

LittleMissSparkles
19-06-2008, 01:39 PM
NOTE TO KATE BUILDING BLOCKS :

Sorry wont be at the meeting, cant afford to turn down £10 an hour xxx

Pudding Girl
19-06-2008, 02:38 PM
Never had anything through ym website, but then again I don't advertise, or pay for it to go on google adwords or owt like that, it's more to direct parents who make an enquiry through other means, ( like netmums, or gumtree) for them to have a look and see what I offer, to save wasting all our time on visits if it's not suitable for whatever reason. I find that invaluable it's really helped weed out timewasters

crazybones
19-06-2008, 02:52 PM
Never had anything through ym website, but then again I don't advertise, or pay for it to go on google adwords or owt like that, it's more to direct parents who make an enquiry through other means, ( like netmums, or gumtree) for them to have a look and see what I offer, to save wasting all our time on visits if it's not suitable for whatever reason. I find that invaluable it's really helped weed out timewasters

I would say similar. Saves me sending out info. I have to say my 2 new full timers parents said they were very impressed and that was the reason they came to see me as I had lots of pics of the children doing the activities so they knew I actually did stuff with the children.

Angela234
19-06-2008, 04:40 PM
Pauline done mine I am the only minder with a web site in our town i have had several people contact me for childcare through my website saying how they like it and how handy it is to find out more information and they like the photo's of my setting.

So it has worked for me and for what Pauline charges it's well worth it

Angela

sarah707
19-06-2008, 05:52 PM
I get people looking at mine because it's linked to my CIS advert.

I have had nice comments but no direct business from it for minding.

I wouldn't be without it and now it's linked to my blog parents can see what their children have been up to more...

Pauline's are lovely - have you looked at some? :D

Pauline
19-06-2008, 07:31 PM
Thanks Angela and Sparkles - a pleasure to make the websites for you and so glad to hear that they are bringing work :thumbsup:

angeldelight
19-06-2008, 07:34 PM
Not so much direct work from mine but I know people do look at it because I have emails from people I dont know about how nice it is and they ask about my travelling teddy I have also met some nice people through it

My parents like looking at it and I like to be able to tell new parents about it

Pauline did mine and I remember I was a real pain asking her to do this and that but she never complained and did it just how I wanted it

So I would most def ask Pauline to do one if I were you

Angel xx

Pauline
19-06-2008, 07:37 PM
Pauline did mine and I remember I was a real pain asking her to do this and that but she never complained and did it just how I wanted it

No way, you were an Angel, Angel :D

buildingblocks
19-06-2008, 08:41 PM

I did mine for the same reason but also put it on places when they are mentioned on here and my last two enquiries have come for the website

MissTinkerbell
20-06-2008, 10:59 AM
I've also had 2 enquiries from my website and have found it useful to direct parents to when they want more information.

Everyone has said how impressive it was and how it helped them make a decision.

I'd definitely recommend having one.

Rubybubbles
20-06-2008, 12:59 PM
excellent thanks guys, will look into it a bit more then to see what sort of stuff you all put and then bore pauline:laughing:

will look good on my advertising when I move as I like looking at other peoples to see what they do:D

Angela234
20-06-2008, 03:23 PM
I used to like looking at other peoples websites too you can pick up ideas as well here's the link to mine that Pauline made if you want to look

http://www.littletots.childmindinghelp.co.uk

Angela

Monkey1
20-06-2008, 03:34 PM
I looked at one earlier to do yourself, i might have a go this weekend!