PDA

View Full Version : What activities for before and after school children?

child_friendly
16-10-2012, 12:09 PM
I am about to sign a 5 year old boy for a thurs and fri before and after school, so I won't have him for too long. I am just wondering what activities you do with your before and after school children? I have produced a questionnaire for him to fill out with help from his mum to see what his interests are and I am going round his house today to see how he plays and acts at home. I will only be having him from 7 til I take him to school about 8:45am then I'll be picking him up at 3:15pm til 5:30pm so I won't have much time with him to do big activities. Some of the time will be school drop off/ pick up.

dette
16-10-2012, 12:16 PM
my 5 yr old is into moshi monsters ,so maybe get a few books and moshlings.when the weather is good they just love making potions and mud pies outside ,fuzzy felt..hammer and nail pictures ..baking..reading books and painting programs on the pc

sharonmanc
16-10-2012, 12:34 PM
I don't down activity every night as we cannot fit it in with walking home and preparing tea. When weather is good they love to play outside the whole time, but when wet like today we do pizza making, baking, some arts and crafts, I pick an activity that takes no more than 20/30 mins. Mine are in reception so love dress up and story time too. There get a little tv

VeggieSausage
16-10-2012, 01:00 PM
Mine all love playmobile.....

winstonian
16-10-2012, 07:48 PM
I find it depends what children I have together. A certain group ALWAYS play schools!, lots of dress up, craft, then a certain group of boys mostly want the trampoline or Wii