PDA

View Full Version : physical activities....

lucyD
16-10-2012, 09:03 AM
I have an assessor coming soon for my level 3, wants to see activity for large motor skills. I will have a 6 month ols, 20mth old & 22 mth old. Any ideas that I can involve them all in?! She also wants me to do a obs while there but how do I do it when engaging with them, oR shall I just get out ride-ons for them? It is hard to plan activities for that age..any help is appreciated

QualityCare
16-10-2012, 10:03 AM
Get bricks out construction covers large motor skills, lifting, carrying and holding different sized pieces, for the age range you have you should be able to engage them all 6 mth knocking towers down older two copying your shapes or building their own put a few small world people with them to encourage language start activity with children and then do a quick ob whilst with the children don't move away as this may stop play.

adele1985
16-10-2012, 10:07 AM
how about music time, sing action song with them where thet can get inlolved more simple song like row row row your boat or wind the bobbin up for the younger one (maybe sit on your knoee and do action with them holding his/her hands

the older ones the grand old duke of york, heads shoulders knees and toes, if your happy and you know it, dingle dangle scare crow

maybee do slow and fast movements (mine love doing heads shoulders nees and toes very fast :D)

hope tht helps :)