PDA

View Full Version : VARIATIONS ETC NEW EYFS 2012

mandarooney
15-10-2012, 07:59 PM
Hi everyone,

My friend need some urgent advice, she has been contacted to care for 2 siblings one 2 1/2 and one 8 months, but she only has one space available, under the new EYFS I am on the understanding that you can make this decision urself long as u can prove you can deliver the EYFS confidentially and prove that. If this is the case could she take these on, its only gonna be an overlap a rough 4 hrs once a week xx

Thank u xxxx

cathtee
15-10-2012, 08:08 PM
You can only do your own variation if it's for a sibling to one already in your care, or continuity of care, not new business which
reading your post it sounds like new business, sorry this doesn't help your friend

mandarooney
15-10-2012, 08:15 PM
You can only do your own variation if it's for a sibling to one already in your care, or continuity of care, not new business which
reading your post it sounds like new business, sorry this doesn't help your friend

Thank you for this i have let her know? Im worried now about someone else is about to have her inspection, she used to have an assistant, but she lost alot of children in september so gave notice to the assistant however on a Tuesday she cares for 4 under 5's on her own now, (she had these b4 new EYFS) is she ok to do this on her own?

cathtee
15-10-2012, 08:21 PM
Thank you for this i have let her know? Im worried now about someone else is about to have her inspection, she used to have an assistant, but she lost alot of children in september so gave notice to the assistant however on a Tuesday she cares for 4 under 5's on her own now, (she had these b4 new EYFS) is she ok to do this on her own?

Not sure on this one, obviously they are continuity of care so I would have thought it ok, she needs to have done a risk assessment
to make sure she can safely look after 4 and also deliver the eyfs to all children in her care, she would also have proof of having had them
with assisstant for before the new eyfs so now I would think ok, someone may be able to give more info on this.

mandarooney
15-10-2012, 08:25 PM
Thank u, I hope shes ok she has Ofsted inspection weds/thursday/friday this week, she was already given inadequate then satisfactory, her with the children is fantastic she just doesnt understand paperwork sidex