PDA

View Full Version : Bit confused...

EmmaReed84
15-10-2012, 04:12 PM
I had my DO come round last Friday to check through all my paper work to make sure I am on track and doing the right thing. She is really nice and we got talking about courses and training (level 3 etc) also about the network and being accredited. We also briefly touched on deregulation. She then said that if I was accredited to offer government funding then I wouldn't be deregulated, but other minders who want to just "plod along" will be???

Can some one please explain this to me as I am a bit (really) confused about it all now.

sarah707
15-10-2012, 04:55 PM
That is one of the many theories floating around at the moment.

however, as far as the govt are telling us nothing is decided yet :D

EmmaReed84
15-10-2012, 04:59 PM
That is one of the many theories floating around at the moment.

however, as far as the govt are telling us nothing is decided yet :D

OK I shall remain confused until then LOL! :thumbsup:

Thank you x

Tatjana
16-10-2012, 07:51 PM
"plod along" :angry::censored:

so if we're not accredited we're nothing really:panic:

lilac_dragon
17-10-2012, 12:15 PM
Personally, I don't want to be accredited.
I have nothing against the idea, and I admire the people who do the work to become accredited, I just don't want to be one of them.
I'm heading rapidly towards my 61st Birthday, and have been a Registered Childminder for 28 years. I love my job (even in the moments that I may say I don't). I work from 7am -7.00 pm and I put a heck of a lot into what I do with the children, but there's no time for ME anymore. The time involved with doing exam work etc is time when I just MAY pick up a book that's actually NOT to do with Childcare and Education, or dust off my Cross Stitch or maybe just sit and do nothing!!
At my time of life, being accredited won't necessarily benefit me - I still consider myself to be a Professional in what I do, and how I act, without actually NEEDING that piece of paper to say someone somewhere ticked my boxes.
If I was younger, I may feel differently, but at this moment, it holds nothing for me.

EmmaReed84
17-10-2012, 12:49 PM
For me I am only 28 (wee baby LOL) I want to do a level 3 and get some qualifications behind me so it opens other doors, so should I choose to side step from minding, or working in other area involving children I can do that. I don't know if I will be a childminder all my life, but then again I will do what I need to do and just make sure I enjoy doing it lol