PDA

View Full Version : sack of toys

disney
19-06-2008, 12:14 PM
i have a child that comes to me every morning for 1 hour before school and 1 hour after school but well im having a moan as every day when he comes he brings a recycling sack full of toys i have tried not to let it bother me but its really annoying as i already have a house full of toys . i dont mind the odd small toy or comfort toy but he is five and seems to bring things like large tank , action men , bow & arrows things i dont think are right for my setting.

once he turned up with a gun and mum said is he ok with this i said no im sorry so she took it home . he does not always play with his sack of toys its just in the way for the rest of the day . but if he does play with them i usually end up taking them away as they are to dagerouse to play in doors .

i get a bit :angry: somtimes as mum is a teacher ! i have a big range of toys but i dont have or do i want any war / army toys he is only hear for 40 mins as we have to leave for school and most of them are happy to draw , watch tv , or a craft ect . trouble is does it sound like im moaning x

buildingblocks
19-06-2008, 12:29 PM
I think you need to speak to the parent although that is easier said than done.

I also have it in my policies about not bringing toys from home due to other children possibly breaking them (Only exception is over 8's are allowed to bring DS's but i will not charge them up).

If they bringing toys from home they are put into their basket until the go home. One child aged 3 insists on bringing a matchbox car every day even though I have a box full of them as mum can't get him out of hte house without it or he kicks up a fuss - same reason she turned up one morning with a huge box of sweets.

sarah707
19-06-2008, 01:14 PM
Oh dear!

You're not moaning if you make a blanket statement about bringing things from home and stick with it...

It's if you make little comments that aren't acted on you'll start to get cross.

Just write a quick policy for your next newsletter, in view of accidents maybe with children tripping up over bags, something like that :D

mrsb
19-06-2008, 06:38 PM
I agree with Sarah, jst do a note for every parent and explain that you would rather children don't bring their own toys apart frm comforters etc as you don't want to be responsible for them getting broken or lost.

I don't let any of my mindees being toys - mainly because if they bring their own they will never share them with the others, which in my opinion then isn't fair on the others lol

miffy
19-06-2008, 06:59 PM
I agree with the others - a general letter to all parents

Hope it does the trick

miffy xx