PDA

View Full Version : Im New

charlottenash
15-10-2012, 12:11 PM
Today I have taken the plunge...

Ive always wanted to be a childminder since having my son, but I have always found reasons to put me off. I got to the point of thinking, if I dont do it now I will never know what it is like!

I have signed up for my CYPOP5 course via NCMA, I have booked my first aid course, I have ordered the CRB forms and now I am sitting here wondering if there is aymore I can do in one day :).

So my first post is just a few questions to you all:

I have moved to my new house last month, will this make any complications with my CRB check?

What is the OFSTED interview/check like. This is the ONLY part that scares me!

Any other advice as I build my business, things that newcomers always miss?

Thanks

Charlotte

Jenny1963
15-10-2012, 02:42 PM
Hi Charlotte

I'm a newby too. Just about to start CYPOP5 and first aid course :)

Jenny

charlottenash
06-03-2013, 09:40 AM
Hi Jenny how have you been getting on?

I'm all set up now but not got any mindees yet.

Koala
06-03-2013, 10:09 AM
Hi and welcome to childminding.

Don't be scared of ofsted, they have a job to do like anyone, you are given lots of support pre reg so take advantage of that.

It's great working from home when you have a young family.

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: Have fun :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

rachelmama
07-03-2013, 01:30 PM
I wish you luck in your new career :D
i am just waiting for my registration to begin to I have send my forms in just waiting for my inspection now , I was the same as you I was going to do it when my little girl was a baby and now she is in full time school she is 5 now but have decided to go with it now and I have a 3 month old baby so it's a great time for me.

charlottenash
07-03-2013, 06:13 PM
Ofsted were lovely on my pre reg and I've got my first client today so I am very happy! Good luck everyone :)

jackie 7
07-03-2013, 08:18 PM
Well done. Now that you have started you will have fun. I love watching all the people running past my flat on their way to the station as I get up and open my curtains.