PDA

View Full Version : i tried....but i could not muster up any sympathy......sorry......

WibbleWobble
15-10-2012, 10:38 AM
'Failed' inspectors lose their jobs after Ofsted test | Nursery World (http://www.nurseryworld.co.uk/news/1154630/Failed-inspectors-lose-jobs-Ofsted-test/?DCMP=ILC-SEARCH)

nuff said

wibble xxx

bunyip
15-10-2012, 11:00 AM
Whilst I can understand the inevitable sense of schadenfreude, I do worry where all this will lead.

If they're just looking to get freelancers on the cheap, is that really any basis for hope amongst CMs?

When I worked in public transport we were constantly watching standards decline as they brought in this private contractor or that freelancer to save money. It invariably ended up with them costing more in the long run to do a far worse job thatn had been done by direct employees. As we used to say, "before you complain, please remember that your service today was provided by the lowest bidder." :panic:

WibbleWobble
15-10-2012, 11:07 AM
Whilst I can understand the inevitable sense of schadenfreude, I do worry where all this will lead.

If they're just looking to get freelancers on the cheap, is that really any basis for hope amongst CMs?

When I worked in public transport we were constantly watching standards decline as they brought in this private contractor or that freelancer to save money. It invariably ended up with them costing more in the long run to do a far worse job thatn had been done by direct employees. As we used to say, "before you complain, please remember that your service today was provided by the lowest bidder." :panic:

i agree with everything you say.....but as i am sat here supposed to be doing my SEF (as you can see) on my day off it made me a bit warm inside.

But in reality its all going to the dogs isnt it?

wibble xxx

Mouse
15-10-2012, 11:11 AM
I'm afraid I have no sympathy for the inspectors who had to do the test after receiving conflicting information and little training and now fear for their jobs and how they will support their families if they are out of work...welcome to our world!

If training is so bad & information so poor, why do they come into our homes & try to give the impression they know everything & whatever they say must be right because they're the inspector? Clearly that's not the case.

But I do agree with Bunyip. I'm sure it's an underhand way of trying to cut costs, and ultimately standards :(

bunyip
15-10-2012, 11:23 AM
i agree with everything you say.....but as i am sat here supposed to be doing my SEF (as you can see) on my day off it made me a bit warm inside.

But in reality its all going to the dogs isnt it?

wibble xxx

As a wise old drunk in my local would say, "It all went to the dogs years ago. Now it's going to the fleas who live by sucking the blood of the dogs!"
:panic:

hectors house
15-10-2012, 11:47 AM
Despite Ofsted themselves telling us the revised EYFS was almost the same just simpler and less paperwork - just shows that the new terms and titles for headings and criteria has confused them as well as us. Maybe Ofsted need to get themselves a Sarah707! (but definitely not our Sarah707)

Mummits
15-10-2012, 11:47 AM
I do have some sympathy with the individual inspectors - I have found each of the ladies who have visited me very knowledgeable but also human, and whilst there are rogues in every profession and injustices in every exercise of power, I am prepared to believe these are in the minority. It is not the inspectors' fault that the organisation they work for is so badly managed, or that they are being caught up in the government's agenda with regard to the childcare workforce.

Having worked in the public sector for many years, I find it perfectly plausible that the motives for this "quality" initiative are actually cost=cutting and erosion of the employment rights and conditions of the workforce. Removing experienced inspectors and either increasing the workload of the remainder or replacing them with casual staff cannot be good for any of us. No doubt they will next be saying there are not enough staff left to inspect small settings.

AliceK
15-10-2012, 11:49 AM
I'm afraid I have no sympathy for the inspectors who had to do the test after receiving conflicting information and little training and now fear for their jobs and how they will support their families if they are out of work...welcome to our world!
If training is so bad & information so poor, why do they come into our homes & try to give the impression they know everything & whatever they say must be right because they're the inspector? Clearly that's not the case.

But I do agree with Bunyip. I'm sure it's an underhand way of trying to cut costs, and ultimately standards :(

I must admit when I read that bit that's exactly what I thought.

xxx

Dancingqueen
15-10-2012, 11:51 AM
Desp!ite Ofsted themselves telling us the revised EYFS was almost the same just simpler and less paperwork - just shows that the new terms and titles for headings and criteria has confused them as well as us. Maybe Ofsted need to get themselves a Sarah707! (but definitely not our Sarah707)

With you on that one!

BucksCM
15-10-2012, 12:00 PM
I must admit when I read that bit that's exactly what I thought.

xxx

That's exactly what I thought too!!

Ripeberry
15-10-2012, 01:02 PM
Can you imagine that if they did it with school teachers? Most schools would close down! I think the government is very underhand. One point and you lose your career? I wonder how many are going to go to industrial tribunals, or will they be able to become 'free lance'.
Of course they will lose all the perks of being employed and will become self-employed. As someone said...Welcome to our world!