View Full Version : ADHOC

jashol
14-10-2012, 10:43 AM
what is an adhoc contract ???

how do i make one ?
thankyou

blue bear
14-10-2012, 11:44 AM
Use a normal contract but write on it this is an ad hoc contract whereby there are no set days are booked and care is not guaranteed but I will try to accommodate if I can as and when requested

bunyip
14-10-2012, 12:35 PM
Adhoc contract covers what is also known as "as and when" care. It serves to fix the majority of the usual terms and conditions that apply to a contract, except that you don't fix any times/dates when care will be provided.

In short, the parents don't promise you any work, and you don't promise to be available on any specific dates. As such, you need to back it up with a bookings system by which the parents make a request for a date/times as and when they need you, and in return you provide written confirmation if/when you accept or decline any given booking. Make sure they're not under the impression that they only have to ask and you'll guarantee to be available. A lot of parents seem to assume this unless you actually spell out the fact that you don't spend your entire life waiting at their beck and call. :mad:

I also include a clause to the effect that a booking will not be made until I have the full fee in my posession. I put in writing that the fee will only be returned if I cancel, and promise that I'll only cancel for a legitimate reason (eg. illness or genuine emergency such as a burst pipe or bereavement.) Also, if I cancel I will only be liable to return the payment made to me (ie. I'm limiting my liability, and parents waive any claim that I compensate them for their loss of earnings or cost of emergency childcare, etc.) This all goes down in writing; I make sure the parents understand these terms and sign.
:)