PDA

View Full Version : Toadstools!!!!!

JoRo163
13-10-2012, 08:59 PM
I went out into my garden this afternoon and to my horror one half of my lawn is COVERED in toadstools. They certainly weren't there earlier in the week, they have literally just sprung up. The garden will now be out of bounds entirely until I can control them somehow - any ideas how I get rid of them??

HELP!!!!!

cathtee
13-10-2012, 10:06 PM
A garden centre may sell something to get rid of them, sope you sort them out

Ripeberry
13-10-2012, 11:10 PM
You have a Smurf infestation. There is only one course of action.....

Kick them to pieces! Enjoy :clapping: :D

blue bear
14-10-2012, 07:33 AM
Get your lawn mower out and keep o. Top of them, a frost will usually kill them off. I googled it, they are usually harmless and are produced by natural fungi in the turf but should not be eaten.

alwaysright
14-10-2012, 07:52 AM
probably caused by all the rain we've had, we occasionally get them and we just walk around the garden pulling them all up

Muffin
14-10-2012, 11:59 AM
I went out into my garden this afternoon and to my horror one half of my lawn is COVERED in toadstools. They certainly weren't there earlier in the week, they have literally just sprung up. The garden will now be out of bounds entirely until I can control them somehow - any ideas how I get rid of them??

HELP!!!!!
Replace lawn with artificial grass :laughing:

sharonmanc
14-10-2012, 12:48 PM
i get them, i live in a really damp area and all this rain does not help, i dig them out

hectors house
14-10-2012, 08:38 PM
I just put on a pair of gardening gloves, pull them up and throw them away - we get alot of brown ones and they are hard to see on the bark under swing and slide but once I see one, I make sure I check the whole area.

silvermist
14-10-2012, 08:42 PM
It'll be the fairies!!!

Seriously, sorry I dont know what to do to get rid of them!! :(

JoRo163
14-10-2012, 08:57 PM
Thanks for all of your replies! The darn fairies can move next door into the forest of a garden lol

I'll go out there tomorrow and de-toad! Yay, lucky me - I asked OH to do it today, but OH NO, he was far to busy being generally useless :angry:

I would soooo live artificial grass, I actually looked into it recently - if I EVER become full I may well invest!

Tealady
15-10-2012, 02:01 PM
We have a problem too. They grow really fast and we have a 200ft garden to clear.

I just pop out in the morning and pull them out wearing gloves. However as our garden is so large I do tend to miss the odd one. My LO's have it drummed into them to never pick anything in the garden and I only have two EYFS's so can manage to keep a close eye on them.

Muffin
15-10-2012, 05:38 PM
I would soooo live artificial grass, I actually looked into it recently - if I EVER become full I may well invest![/QUOTE]

I'm so glad I've got artificial grass- one of the best things I have bought for childminding :)

k1rstie
15-10-2012, 08:43 PM
I have changed my profile picture in your honour!!!

Ripeberry
15-10-2012, 10:15 PM
I have changed my profile picture in your honour!!!

I have such an urge to stamp on that picture :p

k1rstie
16-10-2012, 07:11 AM
oh dear, am I the only one who thinks they are beautiful and magical. I would never dream of hurting a mushroom, it will be gone in a few days, but I do not have a garden with them growing in the middle.