PDA

View Full Version : Permission to share info with hv

blue bear
13-10-2012, 01:28 PM
Talking to my D/O yesterday, she said with the two year check coming into place it would be good practice to get permission to share any relevant information with the child's health visitor when we sign contracts.

I can see the wisdom of this but when I've taken children to health visitors in the past they ask for a letter of permission to talk to me from the parent dated the day of the appointment. I'm not sure a health visitor would be willing to discuss a child's development with me based on a permission form signed two years earlier, how would they know a parent hasn't change their mind since signing the permission form?

What do you think?

sarah707
13-10-2012, 01:46 PM
I think what parents are happy to sign when their child starts with us and what they think later if we are flagging up problems with their child's learning or development are 2 very different situations.

I don't ask permission to speak to a child's other setting until they start there... so I don't think I would ask permission to talk to the HV until I wanted to approach them...

Have you talked to local HVs? Are they up-to-date with Eyfs and 2 year check from childminders? Ours haven't a clue when I last spoke to them and don't really want to know until they are told.

hth :D

blue bear
13-10-2012, 01:50 PM
I think what parents are happy to sign when their child starts with us and what they think later if we are flagging up problems with their child's learning or development are 2 very different situations.

I don't ask permission to speak to a child's other setting until they start there... so I don't think I would ask permission to talk to the HV until I wanted to approach them...

Have you talked to local HVs? Are they up-to-date with Eyfs and 2 year check from childminders? Ours haven't a clue when I last spoke to them and don't really want to know until they are told.

hth :D

They don't even do two year old checks yet and so they are no way near ready to take the two year old progress reports on board, to be honest most are still of the opinion that we are only childminders and always tell the childminder to ask what the pre school thinks before going to hv!