PDA

View Full Version : Help and ideas needed for local competition!

Monkey1
19-06-2008, 09:45 AM
Our local authority is running a competition where you have to produce a book where the children say what they like best about coming to your setting. It has to be produced on a3 landscape and they will bind it into a proper book for you at the end.
I have seen one of the other minders work and it looks fantastic with loads of photos of the children.
I need something a little bit different.......any suggestions?

Annie_T
19-06-2008, 09:51 AM
How about having some things from a walk or the work you have done - ie messy play

erm get the kids to draw you and your home and themselfs.. erm i dunno what writing to put tho haha sorry hun

good luck x

Monkey1
19-06-2008, 09:55 AM
Thanks Annie, we are planning to go for a walk this afternoon so i will take the camera and a bag to collect our things x

miffy
19-06-2008, 09:59 AM
Have you asked the children you look after Monkey - kids often have really good ideas and love to be involved in the decision making.

Think a walk is a really good idea Annie

miffy xx

sarah707
19-06-2008, 11:05 AM
You could go on a walk and collect things - bring them back and make outside art like Andy Goldsworthy and photograph the whole experience ... stick it like a collage and write explaining how the children have researched the famous artist and made their artwork in his style.

Enjoy :D

Chell
19-06-2008, 03:06 PM
I have the Widgit Sign Langauge software, I can't add it to websites other than my own but it can be used in print providing it isn't something to make a profit from.

If you wanted a couple of images to add to your book then I could email them to you, ones like the two on this page (http://www.chelltune.co.uk/deaf_awareness.php?osCsid=4b615cd8dad16d78414f2327 41dd8eeb). Perhaps you could add a relevant sign to each page and teach those to your mindees. Might score you some brownie points. :thumbsup:

Monkey1
19-06-2008, 07:01 PM
I have the Widgit Sign Langauge software, I can't add it to websites other than my own but it can be used in print providing it isn't something to make a profit from.

If you wanted a couple of images to add to your book then I could email them to you, ones like the two on this page (http://www.chelltune.co.uk/deaf_awareness.php?osCsid=4b615cd8dad16d78414f2327 41dd8eeb). Perhaps you could add a relevant sign to each page and teach those to your mindees. Might score you some brownie points. :thumbsup:

Thank you Chell will pm you my email although i think its on the blink at the moment!