PDA

View Full Version : Would you do a 2yr check on this child?

Minstrel
12-10-2012, 03:09 PM
He start with me 2 weeks ago and turns 3 in two weeks time.

He goes to preschool 5x3 hours a week and i collect him 2 afternoons x3 hours each week.

In those 3 hours he has lunch and sleeps then we walk to school and meet mum.

Any thoughts?

funemnx
12-10-2012, 03:11 PM
I would let playschool do it - he is with them longer, plus you haven't had him long enough to do a proper evaluation :thumbsup:

BuggsieMoo
12-10-2012, 03:20 PM
We've just been advised that 2 year checks should be done after a child has been with you for about 6 months - only IF you are their main childcare provider. Seems he has not been with you that long and he goes to nursery for longer then i'd let nursery do it. However, ask for a copy x

Minstrel
12-10-2012, 03:23 PM
Hmm In which case I'm not sure pre-school will do one either as he's only been there since September.

blue bear
12-10-2012, 03:36 PM
Think I'd go in and ask pre school if they need any info from me so they can complete the two year check and wait and see their response.
i do summative assessment three times a year so if pre school aren't doing one I'd wait and do one at Christmas along with the other children.

QualityCare
12-10-2012, 03:54 PM
In the Know How Guide the progress check at age two it says that in the case of a child attending more than one setting the check would normally be done by the setting where the child spends the greatest amount of time but they should consider whether it would be helpful to get the views from other practitioners. Page 17 if you want to read the full page.