PDA

View Full Version : Dog Poo - Do not read if eating or sqeemish

Tealady
12-10-2012, 01:06 PM
2 year old mindee trod in some on school run. Didn't notice until I sat him in car seat. His hands went straight to explore the "mud" stuck on his shoe. As he smeared it between his hands the smell then hit me.

All I had was a bottle of water and some tissues. Cleaned it off as best I could. Had 8yr old mindee with me. Made him sit in back with the LO to keep his hands out of his mouth which he did really well. LO always sucks his hands when

LO has quite long nails. Got out what I could as he is a squirmer when you try and do any care giving. Ended up cutting his nails make it easier to get out the residue with a nail brush.

Should I document this in anyway as he came into contact with something horrible and that I have cut his nails or just explain to Dad at pick up?

I get so angry when dog owners don't clean up after their pets and until this happened didn't realise I am really paranoid about Toxocara.

cathtee
12-10-2012, 01:44 PM
:eek: I agree with you dog owners that don't pick up after their dog gets me really angry too.

I think you did the best thing and would perhaps write it down and get dad to sign when he collects,
I have often cut the lo's nails and parents are happy for me to do so saves them doing it and they sit nice for me

samb
12-10-2012, 01:51 PM
Yuck yuck yuck! We have a big problem with it round our way as well and the little ones learn very young "don't step in puddles unless you are wearing boots and mind the poo"! I think I would also write it down as it is an "incident" that could possibly (although hopefully not) lead to something else. I think you totally did the right thing with what you had etc by the way and well done for not gagging!

2kidsunder5
12-10-2012, 02:00 PM
Yukky yuk yuk yuk. i would have been heaving :blush::eek:

I think as long as you document exactly what happened and why you did what you did and ask parent to sign it them you are covered. Maybe use the incident form in the NCMA medical folder?? It is after all a kind of incident.

eddie
12-10-2012, 05:02 PM
As the owner of 2 dogs myself I have to say I hate it when people don't clean up after their dogs - I always carry bags in my car, bag, jacket pocket and clean up.

I have had just the same sort of incident with a LO stepping in a poop - I carry wipes, hand sanitiser and nappy sacks to put the poopy tissues in as well as a carrier bag to put contaminated shoes in. There are so many diseases in dog doo. Disgusting.

You did the right things - note it and get parents to sign.