PDA

View Full Version : She whispers * Christmas* x

Jods
12-10-2012, 11:00 AM
Hello sorry to bring on the Christmas preperations, but I have seen a lovely idea of wrapping up 25 books that the children can unwrap each day prior to christmas at story time (obviously they are not going to be with me for that many days, so will adjust to the amount I need) now any good christmas stories?

Will do -

The Christmas kitten
Night Before Christmas
The story of Jesus

VeggieSausage
12-10-2012, 11:02 AM
Twas the night before Christmas is my favourite....

sarah707
12-10-2012, 11:11 AM
If you put 'Christmas' into Amazon lots will come up.

Don't forget winter themed books for children whose families don't celebrate Christmas! :D

mrstom
12-10-2012, 11:42 AM

I love that one too!

We bought DS1 a gorgeous version for his first Christmas five years ago - it's all in silhouette with cut-out pages and has a pop-up scene at the end. We read it every Christmas Eve just before bed xx

The rest of the year it lives on a high shelf so it doesn't get damaged! Cruel mummy :D

loocyloo
12-10-2012, 11:43 AM
what a lovely idea. i might have borrow that :D

there is a cat & mouse book called jingle bell ( i think! ) my copy came with a small bell tied on to it!

there is a 'very snowy christmas'

and i'm sure that thomas, kipper, peppa and the rest of the television characters have christmas/snowy/winter books around!

oh and aliens love panta claws! not as good as the original, but ok!

i have lots of different versions of the nativity story that we read at christmas

mrstom
12-10-2012, 11:43 AM
Hello sorry to bring on the Christmas preperations, but I have seen a lovely idea of wrapping up 25 books that the children can unwrap each day prior to christmas at story time (obviously they are not going to be with me for that many days, so will adjust to the amount I need) now any good christmas stories?

Will do -

The Christmas kitten
Night Before Christmas
The story of Jesus

Stick Man is a good one too x

silvermist
12-10-2012, 11:58 AM

I started reading twas the night before christmas to my children form their first christmas. My dear sons are now 25 and 23, and dear daughter is 15. Every Christmas eve the boys( who are very manly men now) come home so they can sit and listen to me read it again...only now they bring their partners and their own children too! I love family traditions!!!

:clapping::clapping::clapping:

mrstom
12-10-2012, 12:02 PM
Ten books in one foul swoop...

Winter Wonderland Collection (Paperback) - Authors Vary - 9781447202240 (http://www.thebookpeople.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/qs_product_tbp?storeId=10001&catalogId=10051&langId=100&productId=255845&searchTerm=winter+collection)

Bushpig
12-10-2012, 12:26 PM
My favourite is 'God gave us Christmas'... with a Christian perspective :)

louise
12-10-2012, 12:53 PM
I have quite a few but I think they are in a box put away. We have most mentioned and how santa works or something like that, great for the older ones. Last year we got ds horrible christmas' this year it will be the moshi monster one. Think we have a nativity school play type one too. I'm hoping Stick Man is on tv this chritmas. After all the times I have read a Gruffalos child I never realised he is holding a stick man!
Oh how about mxing it with some dvds? you can get loads for cex delivered cheapily

cathtee
12-10-2012, 12:56 PM
Jods what a lovely idea, I may pinched it if that's ok:thumbsup:

Jods
12-10-2012, 04:07 PM
Ten books in one foul swoop...

Winter Wonderland Collection (Paperback) - Authors Vary - 9781447202240 (http://www.thebookpeople.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/qs_product_tbp?storeId=10001&catalogId=10051&langId=100&productId=255845&searchTerm=winter+collection)

ooops bought thanks x

eddie
12-10-2012, 05:37 PM
We had Spot's first christmas which was read to death over the years.

Lana10
12-10-2012, 05:51 PM
Little Robin Red Vest by Jan Fearnley is my fave :thumbsup:

Elliefaith
12-10-2012, 05:58 PM
Singalong Christmas Carols, Maisy,s Christmas Eve, That's not my Angel, all favourites in our house.:)

jaswinder bedi
12-10-2012, 06:01 PM
I have got Noah's ark it talks about nature, people, and god,(Jesus)..... We call it god!!! any religion can cover. Not every one may celebrate Christmas. And dot to dot about the Christmas and colouring activity - story linking with x-mas. ..:thumbsup:

samb
12-10-2012, 07:06 PM
My christmas books are in the loft - I get them out and put them back with the decorations! We just have so many books that I can't have them all out and they seem more special when they are seen for a shorter time!

I would include books with winter animals, weather books - snowy/icy, also we made a nativity book last year so that will be coming out again, as well as books about christmas traditions, babushka and christian ones, I even have a few board type picture ones with just big pictures of santa etc.

Chattie
12-10-2012, 08:00 PM
I tend to buy or 1 or 2 new christmas books a year for my daughter my favourite is Shhhh! about father christmas being too noisy my husband bought her one last year about father christmas needing a wee (can't remeber exact title.) Can't think of any others that haven't been mentioned oh we got a disney one with lots of different stories in got from The Works where I get most of my books from.

louise
12-10-2012, 10:07 PM
That reminds me we have one called a message to santa. It is about a gril being scared of him coming into the house. It use to be mindees faves. Also we have one like dear zoo.

Christi
12-10-2012, 10:18 PM
How the reindeer were chosen! Can't remember the author off the top of my head, but brilliant!
The father christmas letters by tolkein

PixiePetal
12-10-2012, 11:49 PM
The wise robin - really old ladybird book :)

Kippers Christmas eve :thumbsup: