PDA

View Full Version : When you thought I wasn’t looking

foxy lady
11-10-2012, 05:32 PM
When you thought I wasn’t looking, I saw you hang my painting on the fridge and I wanted to paint another one because I knew you like it and was proud of me

When you thought I wasn’t looking, I saw you make my favourite cake and I knew that little things are special things

When you thought I wasn’t looking, I saw you smile at me when I was kind to my friend and it made me feel special and happy and want to always make you smile

When you thought I wasn’t looking, I felt you kiss me goodnight and it made me feel loved and cared for

When you thought I wasn’t looking, I saw how you were kind to my friends and it made me understand how it is important to be nice to people

When you thought I wasn’t looking, I watched how you were nice to my family and I saw how we have to be kind to people and speak nicely to everyone

When you thought I wasn’t looking, I heard how you were kind to the shopkeeper even though he was not very polite and I see now that we have to be nice to people even if they are unkind or unthoughtful – he may have been busy or sad himself

When you thought I wasn’t looking, I saw tears come from your eyes and I learned that sometimes we are sad but it is okay to cry

When you thought I wasn’t looking, I heard you speak politely to our neighbour who sometimes shouts at us and it made me think it is important to be nice to people even if sometimes they are angry or unhelpful

When you thought I wasn’t looking, I saw you hug my mum/dad/uncle/aunt/grandma/granddad and it made me see that it is nice to give hugs to someone we know and love in our family

When you thought I wasn’t looking, I saw you smile at me and it made me feel happy inside and treasured

When you thought I wasn’t looking, I saw that you cared about me and my family and it made me want to be the best person I can be

When you thought I wasn’t looking, I looked

And I wanted to be all the things I saw when you thought I wasn’t looking at you

silvermist
11-10-2012, 05:37 PM
That is so lovely!!! Thanks for sharing xxx

AgentTink
11-10-2012, 05:39 PM
Very beautiful poem. makes you remember that your little one is always looking up to you :thumbsup:

cathtee
11-10-2012, 05:42 PM
What lovely words, thanks for sharing:)

mrstom
11-10-2012, 05:56 PM
That's beautiful. Thanks so much for sharing.

I've been a bad-tempered mummy today so it's made me stop and think a bit.

Must try harder tomorrow xx

Lana10
11-10-2012, 09:15 PM
Lovely:thumbsup:

miffy
12-10-2012, 06:58 AM
That's a lovely poem, thanks for sharing

Miffy xx