PDA

View Full Version : do i need a double buggy?

Emma247
11-10-2012, 03:06 PM
Hi everyone!
I had my ofsted inspection on Friday and I'm now advertising, had a little bit of interest. I have my own daughter who is 9 months old, also had interest for a 15 month old then school pick ups. To pick the school children up I obviously need to take the young ones but is a double buggy needed or is there another way around it?
Is there anything to clip the prams together?
Sorry it's a bit of a daft question x

SarahJellybean
11-10-2012, 03:42 PM
You can get something to clip two buggies together but think has to be a certain style or maybe they have to be the same, also you can get a buggypod which is a seat in the side of the pram. But personally its not going to be as comfortable to push as a double, I just bought a mothercare urban 3 wheeler from a facebook local selling group for £40 so you don't have to spend a fortune.

Emma247
11-10-2012, 04:01 PM
Thanks for the reply. I think I will invest in one off a selling page x

LauraS
11-10-2012, 04:38 PM
I think there are things to clip two buggies together but, in honesty, with two babies you need to invest in a proper double. It needs to be safe and easy to push, and youll need to get out and about even if you're not doing school runs, so might as well invest in something that does the job properly.

I think its worth considering how it would look to the parents, putting their baby in a cobbled together buggy in all weathers.

JCrakers
11-10-2012, 04:41 PM
My advice would be to get a decent double buggy. Ebay have I started out getting a cheap one and it didn't last. A double buggy always comes in useful.:D

winstonian
11-10-2012, 04:50 PM
I used the Prince Lionheart Clips when my 2 were younger, they worked really well but I think they cost about £25 a few years back and they arent as easy to push as a double so I would look for a 2nd hand double on ebay if I were you

cathtee
11-10-2012, 06:21 PM
Hi I've got a Graco sport double buggy it's light to push and nice and high off the floor so the older one can't drag their feet on the floor as
the very often do. I had it off ebay new with cover and cost about £80

Emma247
22-11-2012, 09:58 AM
I ended up getting a double buggy but now I'm wondering about a triple?! Just thinking of I have another child who's mot walking what on earth do I do with them?

TNT
22-11-2012, 10:02 AM
You could get a buggy board (although not great for under 2's). I have used one with a 2 year old and it was fine. To be honet though I wouldnt buy anything else until you get a definate client as you may not even need it.

Happystay
22-11-2012, 10:13 AM
I use a buggyboard for a 22 month old and its fine,much easier than my double buggy.I got it on e-bay.Hope the weathers better where you are tipping it down here in Devon and blowing a gale.

Emma247
22-11-2012, 10:21 AM
Oh I know it was raining all day yesterday!
I will have 3 under 2 that's my only problem. The 3rd isn't a definite yet so will wait x

silvermist
22-11-2012, 11:24 AM
I bought this buggy this week,(because Jayne double doesnt fit in my car) its a bargain at £94 off Amazon, rainwear included. Its really lovely to push too. xx6629

vdubnut
22-11-2012, 12:37 PM
Buy the best you can afford as it will serve you well , I would not be without my nipper 360 had it a good 5 years now and its used daily , buying cheap will just cause problems as it will be difficult to push especially as the children get older. Most twin 3 wheelers hold a child easily up to 5yrs rather than an umbrella fold that will struggle to hold a 2 yrold .

Ambersmum
22-11-2012, 01:15 PM
Buy the best you can afford as it will serve you well , I would not be without my nipper 360 had it a good 5 years now and its used daily , buying cheap will just cause problems as it will be difficult to push especially as the children get older. Most twin 3 wheelers hold a child easily up to 5yrs rather than an umbrella fold that will struggle to hold a 2 yrold .

I can't recommend the Outandabout Nipper 360 enough to anyone who needs to buy a double buggy!! It's SOOO easy to push even with two heavy 2 yr olds in it!

Jenna
22-11-2012, 01:40 PM
I have the Obaby double buggy and love it i bought mine off one of the face book selling sites for £40 with rain cover it had hardly been used its so light and easy to fold i ended up buying a brand new obaby single stroller for my own little boy for weekends its fab.

AnneS
22-11-2012, 02:04 PM
i had a phil and teds type one, i dont remember the make..actually ive still got it but i dont like it as i feel bad for the child in the back not being able to see lol so id reccomend a side by side one.

my 'ideal' one is the naipper but ive just got mothercares xoob? at mo as i only use a double twice a week.. i hate that thing though!!! its awful to push, the wheels worn already and teh harness is so flimsey that one has snapped so i put my own lo in that seat as i know he wont move lol

jadavi
09-12-2012, 09:53 AM
I hijacked this thread as I can't see how to start a new one on my app....
There is Jane power twin pro jogger double on gumtree .... Do people recommend this?
Cheers

jadavi
09-12-2012, 11:32 AM
Any Jane fans? Or definitely anti-Jane buggies? Would love to hear before i commit my £50...

*daisychain*
09-12-2012, 03:31 PM
I am a massive Jane fan, I've not used the double but got the pro slalom two and a half years ago and it's still going strong , just got another off eBay for £40 so if you can get the twin for £50 that's a bargain ! :)