PDA

View Full Version : bit of a numbers help pleaseeeee

Bear23
10-10-2012, 08:25 PM
realised that i can't manage... even tho ite early days i know its not do able, and really unsure what to do.

i have got

n = full time paid for but only a few times a week, but different days. term time only age 3
d = m, w, f = had him for two years also 3
m = t, w, t = had for one year, now 16 months.also just term time
n = full time, only started in june, when two off above lost jobs etc.

so i have 4 under five as i was granted by ofsted on a few days.

then i have z, who is 2 and i have had since she was 6 months off and on... wants to start back full time next week, shes been fitting around the others up till now.
which would take me to 5 on a wed morning?? not sure i could cope.... and 4 the other days.... unless the first n, isn't here which is likely??

what do i do??

Bear23
10-10-2012, 08:58 PM
never mind... nite all x

cathtee
10-10-2012, 10:02 PM
Sorry Bear, only just seen this thread, could you say to n's parents that you can't have him on weds and then you could take z on, then would you be able to cope with 4 on a daily basis? sorry not much help really

mum26
10-10-2012, 10:30 PM
Probably not much help - but have you thought about having a student to help on your busiest days. To be truthful I haven't had a student to help and maybe they need to be at a setting a certain number of hours/days but it might be something to look into. However, it probably wont solve your problem immediately.

LeanneC
10-10-2012, 10:49 PM
Hi

I'm having the same issue, one of my mindees mum asked me to have their 2yr old as her nhs nursery at work is closing in 20 days but it seems I'm full! Stupidly said yeh yeh no problem and now im having to remove my foot from mouth and tell her the bad news in the morning.

Hope you get it sorted soon XX

LeanneC
10-10-2012, 11:37 PM
Probably not much help - but have you thought about having a student to help on your busiest days. To be truthful I haven't had a student to help and maybe they need to be at a setting a certain number of hours/days but it might be something to look into. However, it probably wont solve your problem immediately.

Just wondering, how would you get a student...would you contact local college??
Im in the same situ a ive 2 girls of my own under 8yrs so I can only have 4 and ive got one mum wanting me to have a sibling start in November

JCrakers
11-10-2012, 07:05 AM
Is it just the weds morning that you would have 5?

It's so hard isn't it.
If you feel it's not manageable then is there someone you could move or you will just have to say no to weds :(

rachelle
11-10-2012, 07:11 AM
I would arrange to work alongside another minder on a Weds if me and I had 5 - you can have them all as is continuity but for sanity I'd want another adult esp given ages. Or take on an assistant just to cover Wednesday hours - not sure that'd be in financial interest though as their pay will be more than 1 extra child - but possibly less than 2 extra!

hth x

Bear23
11-10-2012, 07:13 AM
yeah its just the wed morning, already decided i think to try and move someone from the wed morning. I know we are prob allowed to do the 5 for a few hours as technically it is for continuation of care, but i do feel it will be too much. maybe with different children it would be do able.
i already have a variation for the four but really don't wanna be in a position where its too much.

thanks guys, gonna see if someone can move over a day x

Bear23
11-10-2012, 07:16 AM
Hi

I'm having the same issue, one of my mindees mum asked me to have their 2yr old as her nhs nursery at work is closing in 20 days but it seems I'm full! Stupidly said yeh yeh no problem and now im having to remove my foot from mouth and tell her the bad news in the morning.

Hope you get it sorted soon XX

nightmare isn't it, try to be as flexible as we can, then feel like we're letting them down :(, let us know how you go xx

Jules12Wed
11-10-2012, 07:52 AM

I thought about seeing if I could get a student but when I called my local college I was told that they do not send students to work in private houses.

At the time I thought I was going to have two under 1's so I'd arranged for another childminder who only collected after school to come to my house on a Wednesday and stay here for the day. Didn't need it in the end as the baby that i'd held a space open for a year for let me down and the mum decided she was not going back to work!!!:angry:

winstonian
11-10-2012, 08:07 AM
I recently took on a Student with another Childminder. She lasted a few weeks, we got approval from Ofsted to use her as an assistant and then she just didnt turn in and sent an email saying she'd decided not to bother anymore :mad: