PDA

View Full Version : Clued up on ICO?

Babycat
10-10-2012, 12:44 PM
I need a little help regarding the ICO licence.

Background to this is I dont have it and dont do pictures at the moment. Im in Scotland and the SCSWIS dont see this as a requirement. So I had a discussion with my officer and she was getting back to me.

They need the following information and I find the ICO website so hard to follow..!

"It would be really helpful to hear what piece of legislation you were referring to when you were discussing the safe use of the children's photos"

Firstly its not use its storage, I get this much and printing etc on electronic devices including cameras and phones. But where can I get this information to give to her in response.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

rickysmiths
10-10-2012, 01:03 PM
I don't think your regulatory body can decide. It is a requirement in law for example in England it is not an Ofsted requirement. Not sure if it applies to Scotland or not.

Here is a link to the IOC web site:

Data Protection and Freedom of Information advice - ICO (http://www.ico.gov.uk/)

sarah707
10-10-2012, 04:52 PM
As Ricky says it's about data protection :D

Babycat
10-10-2012, 08:45 PM
I know its about data protection but what part of legislation says we need it. I know the link to the site also but was looking for someone with a little more specific knowledge. Thanks all so far though

rachelle
10-10-2012, 08:58 PM
I'd send this to them 'Q: I’m a childminder, why do I have to notify?

The Data Protection Act requires all businesses to notify unless exempt. Notification is necessary if you are processing personal information electronically for the provision of childcare. This includes taking photographs of the children in your care using a digital camera.

hth x