PDA

View Full Version : Which of these double buggies should I get?

MrsP2C
10-10-2012, 12:40 PM
I need a double buggy for mindees starting in a few weeks (8 mths one day and 11mth & 2.5 on others) and am trying to decide between an Instep Out'n'About nipper, Phil & Teds vibe, silver Cross and a Jayne. All 2nd hand but in good order and reasonable price. Which would you get?

Jo Jo
10-10-2012, 12:58 PM
I have a double instep nipper it's was an eBay bargain really light and easy to pushI love it I just need to find a buggy board that fits as I've got a new starter after Christmas x good luck choosing the right pram for you :)

AliceK
10-10-2012, 12:59 PM
I need a double buggy for mindees starting in a few weeks (8 mths one day and 11mth & 2.5 on others) and am trying to decide between an Instep Out'n'About nipper, Phil & Teds vibe, silver Cross and a Jayne. All 2nd hand but in good order and reasonable price. Which would you get?

Nipper without a doubt. I have also had the P&T and Jane doubles in the past and they were good but not as good as the Nipper :thumbsup:

xxx

silvermist
10-10-2012, 01:01 PM
Hiya, I have a jane double buggy which I really like. Its easy to push, one of the seats lays right back. My two los lovel being in it, we have to take turns being in the front! Good luck whichever one you go with. x

PixiePetal
10-10-2012, 01:03 PM
I have a P&T - great for the bus and nice to push but not so much room for the child under

A Jane twin two - tandem was great for in the town when I walked everywhere. Very comfy and spacious with basket room. Needs to be sold as we now live in the country so I got a mountain buggy terrain for the fields

Not got a nipper but not heard a bad word about them :thumbsup:

Used to use a maclaren side by side umbrella but it gave me back ache :rolleyes:

ajc
10-10-2012, 01:04 PM
Something to consider is wether you are doing school runs and have children holding on to the buggy. I started out with a side by side but I have to walk by a very busy road and we were too wide so the P & T works really well for me, and you can convert into a single.

moggy
10-10-2012, 01:44 PM
I love my Nipper double but has to be the '360 degree' one with swivel front wheel- I tried a fixed-front wheel one once and it was terrible! Also depends on where you are storing it- keeping it up or folding? I would not want to be folding my Nipper 360 everyday but luckily I can leave it up in the garage.