PDA

View Full Version : Ok, tricky sensitive one - advice purleaseeeeee

izzy23
09-10-2012, 03:16 PM
So I got up to work as normal today, no mindees arrived, no contact from mom, no response to my texts. Saw youngest sibling being dropped off at school by dad (who isnt with mum), I asked him tactfully if anything was up, turns out mom was booked into hospital for major op yesterday and he found out from her Thursday he needed to look after the youngest. (other 2 Lo's gone to their dads) I hadn't been told any of this and dad was a bit surprised to say the leas she hadn't informed me, anyway he has my details now and the hours that i work should he want to use me which is fair enough as the fees still stand. Anyway saw him again at pick up this aft and he said he had spoken with mum and she told him she'd dropped a letter to me last week. Ahhhhhthe phantom letter, much like the phantom texts I have been sent in the past when the kids have not turned up. So yeah, no letter and I have no idea when the children are coming back to the setting, so how can I approach mum tactfully to basically say hey you should probably let me know what's going on?
This contract has been a mulitude of issues from the start which was some time ago now, but my professional conscience and concern for the children I look after means I plough on day after day - tbh I've been spun major untruths in the past and I am not unconvinced this is not another one of those times. :( Need a voice of sensibleness so i'm not second guessing myself.

Tazmin68
09-10-2012, 03:58 PM
Just to jog parents memories I do a newsletter every three months where I list my holiday dates, I list what training I have been on. I mention if I am collecting any form of vouchers. I also do a paragraph which is general to all but mainly a reminder to the odd ones who pay late where I always say please pay on time as you would not go to sainsburys and do your weekly shop and ask of you can pay at the end of the week would you. I remind about 4 weeks written notice for holidays and should a contract ends. I sometimes may also state that contracts may be reviewed should a child be always picked up late.
etc

blue bear
09-10-2012, 04:29 PM
I'd text mum and say how sorry she was having op and that you hope she recovers well, could she tell dad contents of letter to pass info to you so you can support her at this difficult time.

izzy23
09-10-2012, 05:30 PM
I'd text mum and say how sorry she was having op and that you hope she recovers well, could she tell dad contents of letter to pass info to you so you can support her at this difficult time.

Aye yes, that's good, but this is more or less what I sent in a text l after I'd initially spoken with Dad on the school run and it hasn't produced a response. I mean I don't want to chase it too much if she truly is lying around recovering, feeling pretty grim I imagine, but she is out of hospital and alert, as she spoke to dad this afternoon when she told him about the supposed letter. This wasn't like it was an emergency thing btw, she's known about it happening for quite a while it seems. I don't know why all this stuff seems so hard sometimes, but it just does....:(