PDA

View Full Version : Forest School - Hertfordshire childminders

sarak31
08-10-2012, 01:42 PM
I am setting up a forest school programme for childminders in Hertfordshire (I am the NCMA Local facilitator for Herts and this is part of the programme of activities I am putting together for childminders in this area). I have been in conversations with Celtic Harmony Camp and they have agreed to set up a forest school programme for childminders. In this initial stage we are looking at setting up a pilot programme in the Celtic Harmony Camp (near Broxbourne) and then if this is successful they say they have a team that can go out to a local woodland in other areas of Hertfordshire to set up programmes nearer to childminders in other parts of Herts.

We are intially looking to run the program in the summer term, after Easter. This will make it much more accessible for the smaller children as the weather won't be so harsh. It is open to children of all ages, and will be aimed at 2 years plus. We need a minimum of 10 children aged 2 and above to go ahead. Younger children can come and will be included also but they have agreed there will be no charge for them as they are younger (and potentially won't get as much out of the woodland walks and hunts etc) - so that is great news. For your children aged 2 and above it will be £9 per child and you will need to pay a 6 week block up front and commit to a 6 week program. It will be on a Monday and we can either run a morning or afternoon session (or both depending on demand).

If you are interested please let me know ASAP via PM with your contact details (name, email, phone, and location) - although it isn't until after Easter they are already quite booked up with other forest school programmes and Monday is their only slot left. If we want to go ahead we need to confirm soon. I will discuss payment with them but it may be that I require payment up front by way of commitment.

Forest schools are a very stimulating environment for children and meets every area of the EYFS. For further information please see:

http://www.forestschools.com/index.php

http://www.celticharmony.org/pages/schools_forest.php

I'm very excited about this new intiative for childminders and if you are too and would like to get involved then send me a message and I will add your name and details to the interest list.

Thanks

Sara

winstonian
08-10-2012, 06:23 PM
This sounds so lovely! I wish we were closer!

Velleity
08-10-2012, 07:39 PM
Ah just the wrong area of Hertfordshire for me! Let me know if you run one in Barnet.

jaswinder bedi
08-10-2012, 07:48 PM
Hi sara, it looks so exciting shame its far you would have our team, we are from Birmingham any chance you could link it with children centre in great barr....As we go every monday, please let us no. Thankyou