PDA

View Full Version : behaviour

jellytots2912
08-10-2012, 09:07 AM
hi just wondering if anyone can give us some ideas

i am friends with another childminder who has a 2 yr old in her care and he is so aggressive he wants everything all the others kids have got and sometimes just lashes out in the double pram for no reason. time out isnt working that well so was wondering if anyone has had ideas she could try :-)

thanks

sarah707
08-10-2012, 05:06 PM
It's really important to be consistent with children who are lashing out and getting aggressive.

I suggest she chats to parents and finds out how they are handling it at home. They all need to come up with a way of tackling it together.

Hugs to your friend I know how traumatic it can be x

jellytots2912
08-10-2012, 05:33 PM
they arent handling it at home mum is adamant that her little one is behaving normally for his age, her response is that the child's mum concerned should get a grip :-(

jaswinder bedi
08-10-2012, 05:40 PM
Talking to mum to find out why he is doing it, does he do this with his mum or something is upsetting him? it could be lot reason or attention seeking,
Sending
:group hug: to your friend. X

jellytots2912
08-10-2012, 06:11 PM
yeah he is the same at home apparently grabbing at mums hair and face, not all the time but he is an only child so has full undivided attention at home. i think cause its not been dealt with earlier it has exploded into what he is doing now. advised her to try time out and focus more on the aggressive behaviour rather than anything else for now but was hoping for some brilliant ideas someone had lol. poor woman is at her wits end by friday

sarah707
08-10-2012, 06:25 PM
She could try shadowing him to see what prompts the behaviour - tiredness, over excitement, hunger are normally the main reasons.

Then tackle it by eg bringing snack forward, putting child to sleep earlier etc.

It really does need to come from both sides though - parents like she says need to get a grip on the situation.

xx

jellytots2912
08-10-2012, 07:02 PM
sorry i meant the aggressive child's mum said that the mum of the child being attacked should get a grip and it is normal x he has a long sleep during the day i know today he had about 2.5 hours do you think this is too much ??