PDA

View Full Version : saggy skin

FizzysFriends
18-06-2008, 06:32 PM
Can anyone recommend any exercises that will help reduce the problem of too much skin (sorry if anyone is squemish). Or is it just inevitable?

angeldelight
18-06-2008, 09:53 PM
Not sure but maybe someone else can help

I will bump this back up

Do you mean to tone up after weight loss ?

Angel xx

miffy
18-06-2008, 09:57 PM
There are lots of celeb DVD's about atm - maybe you could borrow one or two from the library to see which you like

miffy xx

crazybones
19-06-2008, 05:49 AM
I am sure Dee mentioned something on her thread about drinking loads of water was supposed to help with with saggy skin. I think maybe I am confused.

deeb66
19-06-2008, 06:52 AM
No you are not confused Annie....you got it right :D

Drinking water helps the skin to naturally shrink back that is why they say that you have more chance of skin going back if your stomach is still at full size capacity and then you can drink the water.

Whereas stomach surgery patients can not drink as much water due to lack of capacity and traditional end up with saggy skin.

I soak my skin in an oil bath at least 3 times a week. I use Boots baby bath oil which does the job but is also not too greasy otherwise you end up like an oil slick :D

Afterwards I have a shower and use exfoliating gloves all over my body and rub gently which as well as helping to break down cellulite and remove dry/dead skin it also encourages blood flow which helps with the natural repair process.

I then massage some Nivea Firming Lotion into my skin which helps give it the vitamins that it needs.

I use day & night creams on my face also.

I really do believe that all the above helps (well it certainly has for me!) but everyone has to realise there is no miracle cure........your skin has been stretched quite a distance and probably for a long period of time.......

No matter what you do there will be damage and after effects.

Some people's skin is more elastic than others and shrink back easier whereas others have less elastic and end up with really saggy skin....

Age also has a lot to do with it too!

angeldelight
19-06-2008, 06:54 AM
Oh that is interesting Dee thanks for that

I drink heaps of water its the only drink I have

Wonder if my skin will be saggy then when ive lost that extra weight ha

Angel xx

cloud9
22-06-2008, 04:58 PM
i asked the doctor the other day and he said unfortunately there are no cures for this and loads of exercise will only tone but will not help with excess skin. The solution a tummy tuck he said but you need to be rich to get them

so im sure that counts us childminders well out!:laughing:

Annie_T
22-06-2008, 05:02 PM
sit ups, yoga, drinking plenty of water, try standing there and bring a leg up to your stomach (hold knee for 10 secs and swap legs) hope u understand that. cycling, firming lotion also will aid you a bit - not much,

FizzysFriends
22-06-2008, 05:15 PM
i asked the doctor the other day and he said unfortunately there are no cures for this and loads of exercise will only tone but will not help with excess skin. The solution a tummy tuck he said but you need to be rich to get them

so im sure that counts us childminders well out!:laughing:

My last dr told me you can have them on the NHS as its not classed as cosmetic. Would rather do it without surgery though.

FizzysFriends
22-06-2008, 05:16 PM
sit ups, yoga, drinking plenty of water, try standing there and bring a leg up to your stomach (hold knee for 10 secs and swap legs) hope u understand that. cycling, firming lotion also will aid you a bit - not much,

I dont think im bendy enough for yoga.I do sit up already and squats. Someone where I used to work used a slendertone belt (at work) to get firmer skin.

Annie_T
22-06-2008, 05:22 PM
I dont think im bendy enough for yoga.I do sit up already and squats. Someone where I used to work used a slendertone belt (at work) to get firmer skin.

lol ok then

was it a battery powered thing that sent shocks/vibes thru skin? .. if so i had one and i loved it hehe but i broke mine and never replaced it lol

i hope you find soemthing that will help you hun x

FizzysFriends
22-06-2008, 05:41 PM
Yeah it contracts the muscles, I dont think I'd get one to fit at the moment. Did it actually do anything? They are about £80, so not cheap enough to get one to test.

Annie_T
22-06-2008, 06:27 PM
Yeah it contracts the muscles, I dont think I'd get one to fit at the moment. Did it actually do anything? They are about £80, so not cheap enough to get one to test.

mine didnt cost that much .. think it was £30 and came with an extra strap - so could iuse both together or smaller one or normal one. yep it worked hun, just take time and make sure you use a gel with it (i didnt like it without any)

FizzysFriends
25-06-2008, 08:13 PM
I have ordered a Slentertone belt after reading up on people that have losts loads of weigh using them to help along with exercise.

Annie_T
25-06-2008, 08:45 PM
well done hun and i hope you like it and see results in no time .. well few weeks