PDA

View Full Version : Indoor planting ideas please

samb
07-10-2012, 08:23 AM
I am not at all green fingered so I would really appreciate easy ideas for growing something inside with my mindees. I did think cress but if there are any other ideas they would be very appreciated! I am doing a theme about "growing up" this half term and wanted to do something they could grow. I live in a flat so it has to be something we can grow indoors. Thank you!

SarahJellybean
07-10-2012, 09:05 AM
Have you ever seen those glass vases for hyacinth bulbs, they might be good as they can see the roots, and also would make a nice xmas gift for their mummy?

tialil
07-10-2012, 09:42 AM
A mini herb garden with like basil ,chives etc . Nasturtiums are always a hit here, they grow quick and are ''me'' proof as they always grow lol - edible, so safe for kiddies as well :)

gegele
07-10-2012, 02:08 PM
i'm planting hyacinthe but in food tin for xmas. will decorated the tin of course, merry xmas mum:D

to see quick result you can do beans in jar so you can see it all happening as well so it on a site once but can't remember where LOL

tamsin
07-10-2012, 07:57 PM
Peashoots? Just normal pea seeds and you pick them when they are about 6" tall - tastier than cress I think and the seeds are much easier for small fingers to handle. You could also let them keep growing & flower and turn into pods... should work inside just as well. Lettuce would be another one.