PDA

View Full Version : Sore hands!

Lana10
07-10-2012, 07:53 AM
Well the weather here is horrible,cold and rainy.So with pushing a pram I find I now have sore hands (right across my knuckles.)I have tried hand cream and wearing gloves,but thats not helping much.Has anyone got any other good ideas to share please?

Twinkles
07-10-2012, 08:16 AM
Nutrogena hand cream is the best for this sort of thing. Try it , it really works.

Years ago our GP diagnosed eczema on our daughters hands but I wasn't convinced so I used this and it cleared up.

My DH used to be a carpenter and the skin on his hands would go so hard and split. He used the cream and it sorted that too.

Lana10
07-10-2012, 08:50 AM
Thanks Twinkles I will definately have a go !

sarah707
07-10-2012, 08:57 AM
Invest in yourself and your business - buy the very best gloves you can afford that fit you properly and wear them religiously.

I have fingerless gloves so I can find money in shops... plus at least one pair of thermal gloves for the cold... plus a pair of waterproof thermal for when its raining.

This is my health and I need my hands so I protect them. :D

margaret
07-10-2012, 09:48 AM
At night cover hands in sudocream and wear cotton gloves to bed,when sore and chapped. Same with feet.You can get sudocrem in a tube if you dont want to use the paste.

Get into the habbit of wearing thin rubber gloves for cleaning and gloves for washing up,gardening,nappies etc.Use neutrogena hand cream during day .Gloves as Sarah says when out and about in wet and cold.

No point in looking after everyone else if not looking after yourself.

cathtee
07-10-2012, 03:28 PM
Yep it's a occupational hazard sore hands and webbed feet:laughing:but as the other ladies have said neutrogena hand cream is the best, it feels so thick but it sinks in so quick my hands are just starting to go dry now so it will be out tonight

Lana10
07-10-2012, 05:41 PM
Thanks ladies,sometimes it is easy to neglect yourself which is silly.BTW nutrogena is on offer in superdrug at the moment.Just covered my hands in it,and they feel a lot better already.
I will be on the lookout for waterproof gloves next :)

dette
07-10-2012, 05:46 PM
i'll get some too.mine are starting to dry up :(

Polly2
08-10-2012, 07:58 AM
I find hemp handcream from the body shop good too and I get eczema :thumbsup:

Lana10
08-10-2012, 09:58 AM
Thanks Polly might look at that too :)

Shar
08-10-2012, 11:11 AM
I suffer with very cold, numb fingers and now use "Hand Warmers" in the winter inside my gloves. They stay warm for 7 hours, just open pack give them a shake and they instantly warm up.:thumbsup:

JoRo163
08-10-2012, 12:46 PM
I've tried countless types of hand creams and have found the body shops hemp one the best by far! I honestly couldn't live without it! It's fab for the driest of hands!

Lana10
08-10-2012, 08:41 PM
oooh:) off to search for handwarmers now lol

Lana10
08-10-2012, 09:00 PM
Ok they look great,like mini hot water bottles:thumbsup:
Funny though I was expecting them to be a thin lining you slip nside a glove:laughing:

PixiePetal
08-10-2012, 09:11 PM
I agree with everyone else - Body shop Hemp cream or Neutrogena :thumbsup:

My hands crack up every year - my own fault for neglecting them. :o I now have a selection of gloves :thumbsup:

jaswinder bedi
08-10-2012, 09:23 PM
I get dryness on my hand will definitely give a try thanks all. :thumbsup:as usual you never think of your self but others so a tip for all:Dx

chez
09-10-2012, 10:53 AM
My partner has awful eczema on her hands, partly due to the need to wash wash wash in this job but also due to allergies, shes tried just about every cream on the market the only cream that really gives her the relief from the dryness soreness and itchness is the hemp cream. Would highly recomend this.

It does smell a bit but more than worth it