PDA

View Full Version : Training and Ofsted

lovechildcare1
06-10-2012, 09:29 PM
I completed my initial childminding training through my local authority in November 2011 and my Pre reg was completed in September 2012 under the old EYFS. Now that the new revised EYFS is out Ofsted are asking me for proof when i did my training and I have sent this info on to them.

However do you think that given the EYFS changes I will be forced by Ofsted to redo my training before becoming registered?

sarah707
06-10-2012, 09:35 PM
Some childminders in a similar position to you are being asked to 'top up' their initial training with eyfs training.

I'm afraid you'll have to wait and see what they say x

silvermist
06-10-2012, 10:11 PM
I was registered in march this year and when the revised eyfs came in I just went on a two hour briefing session for nthe revised one. I havent been asked to do anything else xx Yet!

SarahJellybean
07-10-2012, 08:33 AM
I'm wondering the same, my course was March and they asked me to scan certificate and email, in email i asked to confirm it was still ok and they said yes, so hopefully it still is! Haven't been to any new eyfs training but I'm hoping at me pre-reg inspection i can convince them i know enough about it, have done lots of studying!