PDA

View Full Version : My new playhouse

mushpea
06-10-2012, 07:57 PM
Really pleased with it, we got it off freecycle and spend £40 on bits like the roofing felt and tacs etc but thats it! I can't wait for the mindees to see it on Monday
ok so what can I put in it? we have a toy kitchen but it would take up half the playhouse so would rather not put that in there, I did think on special occasions like halloween and christmas they can make decorations and help me decorate it and I thought I could get a dolls cot and highchair then they could have the dolls in there, but anyone got any other ideas?

silvermist
06-10-2012, 08:01 PM
Oh wow thats lovely!! Bet the los will love it. You could put some carpet down in it and have some bean bags or floor cushions on the floor then have some baskets with books in it?

sharonmanc
06-10-2012, 08:07 PM
I love freecycle, and it looks fab. Maybe let the children decide what they want to put in their but i like the idea of the bean bags books etc

mushpea
06-10-2012, 08:09 PM
ooh the idea of the bean bags and books really appeals as they all love books and I also like the idea of letting them choose.
I had a nother brainwave too, we could read the three little bears then decorate the house as the little bears house, not sure how yet though:laughing:

silvermist
06-10-2012, 08:27 PM
Or....the gingerbread house from Hansel and Gretel!!!!! The los could make sweets etc, print patterns for icing OMG! I want to come and do it with you!!!:D:D

mushpea
06-10-2012, 08:29 PM
Or....the gingerbread house from Hansel and Gretel!!!!! The los could make sweets etc, print patterns for icing OMG! I want to come and do it with you!!!:D:D
Oh yea thats a great Idea,, I would just want to eat all the sweets though lol

EmmaReed84
06-10-2012, 08:32 PM
Could be the 2nd little pigs home... Made of wood lol.

It looks fab!

Lovin silvers idea though!!

silvermist
06-10-2012, 08:46 PM
Im on one now.... you could make masks for from various stories, 3 little pigs, three bears, hansel and gretel etc... and then get the los to role play the characters and put on a show for you, the older ones could do hot seating!!

At christmas you could turn it into a grotto or wait for it....a nativity scene. God I wish I lived nearer to you!!! :D:D

miffy
07-10-2012, 06:56 AM
That's lovely, I'm sure the children will be very excited when they see it.

Love the idea of santa's grotto or even the elves workshop!

Miffy xx

Bevbeetle
07-10-2012, 08:47 AM
we have just had a summer house given us the child love it at the moment its a ticket booth for train tickets (there idea ) its great when its raining we can go in it still:clapping::clapping::clapping:

Carol
07-10-2012, 06:09 PM
The children use mine as a playhouse/shop/doctors etc and then on the weekend I put lots of my equipment in there to keep my house tidy

Bargain though well done

Carol x

lilac_dragon
07-10-2012, 06:28 PM
Mine's used as a train station, library, cafe, shop, Gruffalo cave, little pigs house, Pirates cave with Treasure, Beauty salon, as well as the dolls "Nursery.
They love it!

angiemog
07-10-2012, 07:38 PM
A story book house!

You could change the theme each week/month based on the children's interests. I have a play house and I have used the walls to hangs things like a magnet board, blackboard, a wooden height chart, fabric calendar.......
It looks lovely.

hollyoaksmad
09-10-2012, 11:19 AM
bargain im looking for a playhouse

winstonian
09-10-2012, 11:51 AM
Love the idea of the Gingerbread cottage

sarah sunflower
09-10-2012, 12:03 PM
What a bargain! I had one like this when I was little, my dad made it out of a old fence and it was fab!
I've been hinting in at home to make my Mindees one but he's not quite getting the hint yet!
However he did make my daughter a FAB kitchen for Christmas!! :)
Hope your kiddies enjoy it. X

angeldelight
09-10-2012, 12:04 PM
Thats lovely

What a great bargain

Angel xx