PDA

View Full Version : EYFS petition

Straws
18-06-2008, 06:09 PM
Evening all

Not sure if this has been posted but heres a online petition for EYFS, a fair few have signed already http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/OpenEYE/

Straws xx

sarah707
18-06-2008, 06:40 PM
Oooooo! I'm not sure!

EYFS is an excellent document ...

I agree a couple of bits let it down and some of it needs tweaking ...

But I'm kind of excited about it as well and once it's bedded in, it will be so much better than what we are using now...

I will have to think about this one! :huh:

Pipsqueak
18-06-2008, 06:40 PM
Hi Straws its been about for a long while now.

The thing is no matter what EYFS is coming and the government have said they won't even consider changing things until at least 2010 - giving it chance to settle in.

I think EYFS is going to be what people make of it. Lots of people are making it harder for themselves and listening to the scaremongering. Each to their own but I am slowly slowly working my way through all the bits and bobs, putting it into practice with lots of ideas and tips from people on here (have heard tell SarahNev's e-books are pretty darned helpful:D ) and I am lucky I have a fab DO and although I can't tell anyone for a while (am sworn to secrecy) I am on a pilot scheme/test that should be loads of help (if it ain't don't blame me lol).

Donkey
18-06-2008, 07:23 PM
seeing as I am all new to minding and have not even looked at b23, I am in favour (kinda) of eyfs. I think that people are reading it wrong and panicing (not trying to teach anyone to suck eggs!) once you get rid of the big words and the posh bumf from what I gather its what most of you guys are doing already. We don't have to kill mass trees, the inspector I spoke with today is happy for everything to be electronic (thank god as I can't write anymore) so long as its stored safely. Bring on the inspection and the inspector will get handed a bunch of cd's with obs, plans, evals, vids, pics etc etc.

sorry straws :)

louise
18-06-2008, 08:25 PM
Before my course it scared the hell out of me. Like the long term planning bit. Tonight we got told just a misson type statement is ok and for medium you routine. Now i quite like it!!!:eek: mind you i still havent gone through it properly.

miffy
18-06-2008, 09:53 PM
Oops sorry, head still buried in the sand!!!!!!

miffy xx