PDA

View Full Version : First time minding a baby - what 'stuff' do I need!?

MrsP2C
05-10-2012, 09:57 PM
I've just had email confirmation from a parent wanting to use me and subject to her actually returning signed contracts over the weekend as promised, I've got 2 weeks to get myself ready for a 7 month old baby girl :clapping: I have 2 older boys & only currently mind older wraparound children so am really not set up for LO's and need to hit eBay or similar quick sharp!!
however, other than highchair, stair gate & travel cot my mind has gone blank & I've no idea what I'll need. LO will be with me 2 full days & mum is happy for me to use their car seat until she is big enough to move into my stage 1 seat so that's one thing I don't need but pretty much everything else :eek:

Can anyone give me a basic 'minded baby essentials' list please :thumbsup: I am hoping to fill the other days & only recently registered so it's all stuff I'd need at some point I guess!!

cathtee
05-10-2012, 10:07 PM
Love babies:blush: so munchable I have:-

fire guard
buggy/double buggy
suitable chewable toys
dishes spoons bottle
bibs
high chair
stair gates (stair and Kitchen)
steraliser
play mat
blanket
changing mat/bag

hope this helps and good luck with contracts:thumbsup:

MrsP2C
06-10-2012, 09:12 AM
Great thanks Cathtee and :eek: at all the bits I'd forgotten about!!

RuthJ
06-10-2012, 02:01 PM
I was the same when I started minding a 5 month old. Despite having two children of my own, I couldn't for the life of me think what equipment I needed! I think cathtee has covered everything :).

Enjoy minding a baby, they are just fab at this age and you'll love it. They grow up far too fast though!

margimum
06-10-2012, 08:54 PM
I don't think I would bother with a sterilising unit as I would expect bottles to be brought ready to fill.

CH1957
06-10-2012, 09:41 PM
I don't think I would bother with a sterilising unit as I would expect bottles to be brought ready to fill.

One of my LO's was only 3 months when they started, Mum only brought one bottle a day and told me to rinse under the tap as she didnt bother sterilising anymore :eek: I washed the bottles in boiling water.

I found the baby gym and bouncy cradle chair really useful.

jackie 7
07-10-2012, 09:47 AM
My mums send bottles filled with water, powdered milk in container so all i do is add water. also they provide food until child is eating the same food as others, usually when they are 1. I have 3 travel cots and sheets and blankets, i use quilts when kids are over 1.