PDA

View Full Version : LJ's & Obs...

JoRo163
05-10-2012, 11:31 AM
Hi all!

I have a little girl who comes to me for approx 10 hours a week, over 2 days. She attends nursery for her 15 funded hours a week as well.

So, my understanding is that I don't have to do a full LJ (but obviously have to implement the EYFS). Mum isn't too keen when I asked if I could have a copy of her latest nursery report to get an idea of 'starting points' and doesn't understand why I need to carry out paperwork - even after I've explained it all.

So, how much would you do, interms of obs etc, as LO is spending more hours at nursery than with me?

Thanks!

sarah707
05-10-2012, 11:49 AM
You have to deliver the full EYFS until the child is in full time school... there is nothing in the EYFS about not doing it because a child has funded nursery sessions elsewhere.

You have to show evidence that the child is making good progress from starting points - if mum won't give you nursery ones then write your own and ask for parents input.

then work with the other setting to complement the child's learning...

You don't have to do as much as you would for a full time child of course! Keep it short and to the point.

Hth :D