PDA

View Full Version : Food expenses

Mcgons
05-10-2012, 10:11 AM
I've worked out average meal costs as I find that way easier, but just wondering do I put down the cost only if the child was here for the meal, or as I have bought the food anyway, do I put the costs down even if they were off for a day?

I work term-time only, so any days off would be due to last minute sickness and not planned so the food would already be bought.

So far I have only put down the expense if they attended, but just want to check if I could put any more through.

Hope it makes sense!:)

dette
05-10-2012, 10:17 AM
i suppose that will depend on whether its fresh food that will spoil or if you could freeze it..i would claim if you are gonna have to throw it away but not if you use a different day

samb
05-10-2012, 12:24 PM
I have a mindee who had been off 4 out of a possible 9 days due to 2 different illnesses. I have still put food expenses down for him as like you say you have still bought the food. I don't have the means to freeze every meal a child hasn't been here to eat. The lunches I give tend to be "picky bits" as we affectionately call them here so some sort of bread like sandwiches or bagels or muffins etc with cubes of cheese meat or egg, salad veg and fruit and maybe a fromage frais. So not the sort of thing you would freeze etc.

Chatterbox Childcare
07-10-2012, 03:47 PM
If you incur the cost then claim the expense..