PDA

View Full Version : school making a move to help

Rubybubbles
18-06-2008, 03:18 PM
Wen to hand in my Bradley school leavers letter today (because we're moving did I say:laughing: ) and the receiptionist said from sept the receiption year as in rising 5's! will be going oin for 2 half terms and full time the term they turn 5

my dd was due to start but as it starts in sept, she would of gone straight full time;) but I'm seeing that as a good move in terms of if I was still here childminding, although the 4 year old would count as a four year old:laughing: thinking their is going to be a few peeved people though, as my dd in pre-school and for example one of her friends is Ocotber baby so she wouldn't start full time until year Sept instead of Jan! think maybe the school are scared of the EYFS:laughing: and making childminder do most of the work as we would be the primary caregiver then :laughing:

Is this happening anwhere esle then?

ajs
18-06-2008, 03:21 PM
our school has only ever had a single intake
although now they are planning on a easter intake too

Rubybubbles
18-06-2008, 03:24 PM
they have always done a sept, Jan and after easter intake here! and straight into full time (you don't have to out them in full time, :rolleyes: yeah right haha)

But tbh, my dd would be bored to tears only going 1/2 days, she's more than ready from the move up from pre-school but all children are different:D

flora
18-06-2008, 06:50 PM
Our school is sooooo small we only have a sept intake and they all start full time.

My sisters school staggers the intake over several weeks and some go p/t some go f/t. Far too much bug***ing about for me. Glad we do all or nothing :D

ruby
18-06-2008, 08:04 PM
our school only has one intake and that is september

cathy

cloud9
20-06-2008, 08:14 PM
ours in surrey has several intakes, some children are staggered in full time in september over a 2 week period, the next intake after xmas, the next after feb half term and the final ones after easter.

tulip0803
20-06-2008, 08:38 PM
Ohhh are you moving rubybubbles:rolleyes: :laughing: I don't think you have mentioned it:D

Here they can start full-time school the term of their 4th birthday (so most are 3). They have 3 intakes. Not good from a childminding point of view but their are too few minders here so they are always full.:)

Chimps Childminding
21-06-2008, 01:18 PM
our school only has one intake in september, but they only go mornings for the first 2 1/2 weeks. Very confusing for the children who have been attending the nursery there full time!!!!!!!!!!!