PDA

View Full Version : How much detail for variation RA?

Mcgons
04-10-2012, 06:20 PM
I've read Sarah's guidance on risk assessing for a new EYFS variation, but I've never done one before, how much detail should I write down in it? I've made a few notes using Sarah's sample as a guide but it seems a bit basic. It's for a sibling baby so 4 under 5's. Any help greatly appreciated :)

sarah707
04-10-2012, 07:07 PM
Until someone is challenged - maybe during an inspection or after a complaint - we will not really know the answer.

My advice - write as much as you need to write to show why you are doing it, how you are keeping children safe / educated / healthy etc, how you are meeting their needs...

Remember you can also explain RAs verbally (EYFS requirements) and I know you are able to put things well - however, in a stressful situation such as when answering a complaint most of us go to complete jelly.

At the same time though it doesn't need a lot of writing which is why I have kept my sample form basic - because you'll be making most of your notes in the children's individual files.

Hth :D

Mcgons
04-10-2012, 08:33 PM
Thanks Sarah, that's helped a lot. (By the way I meant the notes I had made seemed a bit basic, not your template!)