PDA

View Full Version : Very quick question. contract

SimplyLucy
18-06-2008, 03:10 PM
I have a parent on her way to sign contracts.

I want to charge for bank holidays and on the NCMA contract it says

Rates inclusive of payment for statutory public holidays? yes () no ()

Do I tick the yes or no box????????????

I want to charge them but not work them if that makes sense!

Blaze
18-06-2008, 03:13 PM
You tick the No box then under additional charges where it says statutory bank holidays you write FULL FEE. (All on the second page).:)

crazybones
18-06-2008, 03:14 PM
If you read note 16 on the back you should tick yes. Then further down you point out to the parent the additional charges where it says bank holiday and state what you would charge if you had to work it for any reason. You need to make it clear to the parent when reading through the contract with her that you are paid for BH as normal day but do not work it. But if you did work it the extra charge would be X amount. I hope that makes sense.

SimplyLucy
18-06-2008, 03:15 PM
arghhhhhhhhhh I'm confused! :laughing:

crazybones
18-06-2008, 03:16 PM
So am I now. Maybe I have it wrong. :panic:

SimplyLucy
18-06-2008, 03:17 PM
It's ok she hasn't left home yet!

Lives opposite.........

I still have time to panic!

Blaze
18-06-2008, 03:18 PM
PS I have it in my fees policy that I only work BH at my descretion & should I work them a higher fee (unsocial hourly rate is applicable)...otherwise full fee is applicable & my setting is closed (words to that effect..LOl). I get my policies signes for...if you don't have this written anywhere in your policies then I would write something in the additional notes section. I also on the last page(think it's C iv) put in that parents agree to abide by all policies & procedures of my setting.:)

Blaze
18-06-2008, 03:21 PM
You only tick yes if you have priced your hourly rate to allow for the fact that there are x amount of BH in a year where you won't get paid, so you have a higher everyday hourly rate to allow for this. I've yet to meet a CM that works this way...hence you tick NO!:)

katickles
18-06-2008, 03:21 PM
I tick yes - charge but don't work them?

crazybones
18-06-2008, 03:22 PM
Oh ****** I have been ticking yes and just explaining that I get paid but dont work. If they want me to work its double time. :doh:

katickles
18-06-2008, 03:24 PM
Oh ****** I have been ticking yes and just explaining that I get paid but dont work. If they want me to work its double time. :doh:

Annie thats what I do

Blaze
18-06-2008, 03:27 PM
I only know because I asked an NCMA person on a course when I first started minding...aparently it causes all sorts of confusion...especially as it's explained in the members handbook (well it was then...there's been a new handbook since & I haven't looked) & not in the contract notes!

katickles
18-06-2008, 03:29 PM
Opps - will remember that for all the new contracts that will be written very soon - as my phone ringing off the hook with enquiries at the mo, everyone wants me as there childminder, NOT!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Blaze
18-06-2008, 03:34 PM
It's on page 52 of the 2007/2008 members handbook...but I admit it's not very well explained! I just unpacked a whole box to get at my member book!

SimplyLucy
18-06-2008, 03:45 PM
hehehehe I like to cause confusion!

She isn't here yet but I've had time to ammend my fees policy to state I charge full fee if your contacted hours fall on a bank holiday!

I'll leave the yes no boxes empty, but further down I have put full fee for bank holidays but double fee if I have to work them.

I'm sure it all makes sense!

Blaze
18-06-2008, 04:36 PM
hehehehe I like to cause confusion!

She isn't here yet but I've had time to ammend my fees policy to state I charge full fee if your contacted hours fall on a bank holiday!

I'll leave the yes no boxes empty, but further down I have put full fee for bank holidays but double fee if I have to work them.

I'm sure it all makes sense!

Sounds like you've covered yourself...hope it's going well!:thumbsup:

SimplyLucy
18-06-2008, 04:38 PM
All done signed and sealed.

She never mentioned it so neither did I!

She read my fees policy and said it was all ok and signed it! :D

crazybones
18-06-2008, 05:04 PM
Brilliant. Well done. :clapping: :clapping:

I best go and read my NCMA book properly:ohdear:

Blaze
18-06-2008, 07:24 PM
LOL!:laughing:

NCMA contracts are my speciality!:D

manjay
18-06-2008, 07:28 PM
LOL!:laughing:

NCMA contracts are my speciality!:D

I do the same as Blaze! but then that is because I asked the very same question when I did my first contract and she expalined it perfectly over the phone:thumbsup:

Blaze
18-06-2008, 07:31 PM
I do the same as Blaze! but then that is because I asked the very same question when I did my first contract and she expalined it perfectly over the phone:thumbsup:

:blush: Always glad to help!:)