PDA

View Full Version : No more Tesco for School Vouchers :-(

Jules12Wed
04-10-2012, 08:13 AM
I've just called as I had two emails yesterday one saying my order had been created and then another one saying my organisation had not participated this year!!!

I was thinking my vouchers had been lost in the post. Anyway after calling it turns out I hadn't included an order form with my vouchers but had done this on line so its all sorted not.

Whilst on the phone I asked why we were having to use them up all this year and he said that there is no more Tesco for School vouchers being issued. They are unsure what is happening at the moment but said letters should be sent out at the start of February next year to everybody on their register.

sarah707
04-10-2012, 04:50 PM
I wondered about that when they said we had to use all the vouchers from this year and couldn't bank any :(

It's a small world
04-10-2012, 05:26 PM
What a shame. I heard it was because it was fiddly for both us and them to have to count and recount vouchers etc as so many of them but wondered how they could develop them . A card wouldn't be any good as they would have to issue loads for people to have points added to them. My lo's loved posting their vouchers in our little post box :(

Donkey
04-10-2012, 06:26 PM
I wonder if it could be linked to clubcard data

You have an online account which your parents 'sign up to' with their clubcard number and then they can track how much your parents are spending in the qualifying period and add e-vouchers to your schools account

I probably wont end up with as many as the delivery drivers were fed up of me asking for them...

:rolleyes:

but on the flip side, family and friends far away could sign up easier

;)

~Grasshopper~
04-10-2012, 07:05 PM
They could print a one off code on each voucher, like the cravendale milk ones. then you could add the code online and bin the vouchers.

took me ages to do all my kermit vouchers but then i did get 5 kermits, even the mindee's got one each.

x

Lick'le Oakes
04-10-2012, 07:46 PM
I heard they were going to print a receipt with the amount and not individual vouchers, don't know if this is true or not ut I hope so.

blue bear
04-10-2012, 08:45 PM
Don't know why, maybe I dreamt it but thought it was going electronically, so customer goes online and nominates 'school' of their choice, voucher credits are given to school based on club card spending. Not sure where I got the idea from to be honest :blush:

winstonian
04-10-2012, 08:47 PM
I hope they do something else. I did it for the first time this year and the kids love our treats!