PDA

View Full Version : Advice needed asap!!

silvermist
04-10-2012, 05:57 AM
DD has been up since 4am being sick.She would be upstairs but would have to come down to use toilet. Do I close today? What what you do? x

blue bear
04-10-2012, 06:01 AM
How old is she?

If its a teenager and they have stopped and they can be contained upstairs with no risk of cross infection then it's not so bad but if it's a younger one apart from the cross infection they are going to need you and you need to put dd first and close.

mrs robbie williams
04-10-2012, 06:07 AM
there is a sickness bug going round - i would close until next week now x

silvermist
04-10-2012, 06:08 AM
shes 15 but one loo downstairs and shes still throwing up now!

Ripeberry
04-10-2012, 06:13 AM
I would warn the parents that your DD is ill upstairs but that she won't come down and you will be following full hygiene routines. At least you can still get out and about for short periods.
Hope she feels better soon. :)

EmmaReed84
04-10-2012, 06:14 AM
Personally I would close. As the infection is in the house, and there is a high chance you could have it too, just not come out yet. Also guessing you deal with food.... The bug and food should never ever mix :panic:

Hope your DD feels better soon xxx

Ripeberry
04-10-2012, 06:17 AM
Sickness bugs are the worst. I'll work through anything but if I have it then I have to close. Done that a few times. But if my kids have had it, most of the time I've avoided it. Just washed my hands ALL the time.

silvermist
04-10-2012, 06:22 AM
Ive decided to close today as dd will have to come downstairs to use bathroom, I rang los parents and explained, I said they could still send child but I couldnt guarentee they wouldnt catch it. All parents said they will keep mindees at home today. Phew!

Thanks for speedy responses but what is the right thing to do in this situation anyway?

Also Im guessing I also need to not charge for today now?

Becci26
04-10-2012, 06:22 AM
I would close, you don't want the children catching it, it'll do the rounds for weeks! :rolleyes:

gegele
04-10-2012, 06:27 AM
if she stays upstairs,
you clean the toilet after each visit,
open the windows downstairs for fresh air
wash your hands

i would send a text to parent as some might prefer not coming to you today.:thumbsup:

silvermist
04-10-2012, 06:33 AM
All parents have text me to say that they are either taking day off work(and are quite happy about it) or have asked family to care for lo. Phew again! I hate letting people down but they were all so kind and just worrying for my dd .

Thanks again for your help xxx

Ripeberry
04-10-2012, 09:11 AM
Lucky. All mine in the past have sent their kids regardless. Hope no one else catches it.

silvermist
04-10-2012, 09:20 AM
I do have very lovely parents. Im trying to stay clear of dd who is just constantly retching but is sleeping ! Bless her!

Will be catching up on paperwork today now, I really hope I dont get it!!:eek:

BuggsieMoo
04-10-2012, 11:26 AM
I look after 2 year old twins. Twin 1 has been off for past 2 days with the bug, Twin 2 has been fine until today. Not eating, whinging lots, cant be put down, engages in play for seconds then stops and finally has a loose nappy - by 11:45 little one was on way home to join their twin and I shall see them next week if they are better.