PDA

View Full Version : DS jealous of mindees

bezi123
03-10-2012, 08:24 PM
Ive been minding for 3 months now and my ds behaviour is going downhill fast! I'm putting it down to minding because he moans he dosnt get enough attention, I'm a single mum and have been since he was 2 so he's used to having 1 on 1 time with me and now he has to share me with 2-3 lo's he dosnt like it, he's constantly in in a bad mood and gets in a strop about ridiculous things eg today sat at the dinner table eating dinner with 2x mindees one of them has dinner at home so I gave him some grapes to snack on my ds had a total meltdown saying ' that whats I mean, its not fair he gets grapes i dont, he's getting more attention'. I really dont know what to do, I make sure I spend time with him after mindees go home and we always do nice things at the weekend, has anyone else had similar? please help, I'm starting to think this wasnt the right career for me if it effects ds so much!

sarah707
03-10-2012, 08:49 PM
It can be so hard for your own children - mine struggled from time to time.

However, if you want it to work then you need to explain to your child that he has to help you to make it work.

He has 2 choices - a mummy who is home with him and happy or a mummy who has to go out to work and maybe isn't as happy because she is tired and stressed - if he wants you home then he has to learn to compromise.

Make sure he has somewhere to play on his own as well - maybe some special toys in his room - not to be sent away but to give him a little privacy and independence time.

If he can't find a way to make it work then you might not have an alternative but do give him time to adapt. He might just need a little longer.

Hugs xx