PDA

View Full Version : What do you wear?

hello kitty
03-10-2012, 12:06 PM
I'm fed up returning from the school run soaked through and having to change all my clothes!!

Can you tell me what you wear or what you would recommend as a great waterproof coat.

appleblossom
03-10-2012, 12:29 PM
I have one of these:

http://www.trekwear.co.uk/s/craghoppers-ladies-haddenbury-jacket/5848/Product.aspx

It's cosy and keeps me dry. It has a good big hood and is quite long so keeps more of my legs dry. I got a size larger than I needed so I can put a jumper or fleece under it in really cold weather. It also has generous sized pockets with both a zip and a poppered flap on.

bec123
03-10-2012, 12:39 PM
Snap! I've got several "waterproof" jackets varying in price but they're not waterproof - I come back soaked, especially on the seams of the coat! The coat on that link looks fab but none left in my size! I have resorted to wearing my wellies as my jeans were getting wrecked but as I can't hold an umbrella as I've got a pushchair its a bit of a nightmare!

Jenna
03-10-2012, 12:46 PM
I've got a North Face thermal waterproof. It is a bit on the expensive side but this is the 4th winter I've worn it and still in fab condition. There's a fleece inside which zips in and out which is great on a cold day yet you ca still use the waterproof in the summer without getting too hot. Going to get OH one for xmas.

nipper
03-10-2012, 01:09 PM
I wear a soft shell jacket from decathlon (brilliant investment)with a columbia waterproof jacket which can go over the top if it's raining and some gelert waterproof trousers which have been a godsend the last couple of weeks in the rain. Last week I invested in a new pair of hunter wellies too. I couldn't care less what the parents think as we walk to school everyday and I would rather be dry and comfy waiting for people with little legs to catch me up. I have also just bought some new leather walking boots today, which I have decided are going to be my new footwear of choice on the school run...I have perfected the art of slipping them on with the laces stuffed inside, which saves on time (too lazy, me).

Really impressed with the soft shell jacket, which I have just been wearing with a strappy top even on the coldest of days.

I don't carry an umbrella either.

Pipsqueak
03-10-2012, 01:49 PM
I get the waterproofing spray and liberally spray shoes, jackets and so on... :)

migimoo
03-10-2012, 02:30 PM
I have one of these:

http://www.trekwear.co.uk/s/craghoppers-ladies-haddenbury-jacket/5848/Product.aspx

It's cosy and keeps me dry. It has a good big hood and is quite long so keeps more of my legs dry. I got a size larger than I needed so I can put a jumper or fleece under it in really cold weather. It also has generous sized pockets with both a zip and a poppered flap on.

Look great but only size 8 or 10 left in stock....maybe I could get 2 and sew them together?!
I have 2 'puffa' coats so if one gets soaked on morning run at least I don't have to put a wet,cold coat on at lunchtime nursery run and hopefully first coat nearly dry by after school run :laughing:

Jods
03-10-2012, 03:28 PM
nothing easier to dry out this way !!! :jump for joy:

tialil
03-10-2012, 06:16 PM
I have waterproof trousers and a jacket, nothing to expensive . Think the trousers cost me about £13 and I had the jacket in a sale for about £25.
I only live opp the school but still tog up, a few have laughed aboout the distance and dont see the point of the waterproofs but when I come home, just slip them off and get straight to helping the kiddies :)

singingcactus
03-10-2012, 07:55 PM
I just get changed. Only takes a second to pop on a dry pair of jeans, and my hair is short and spiky anyway.

HELEN10
03-10-2012, 07:56 PM
I wear my hiking gear but wellies instead of the boots. Gortex jacket and gortex over trousers. :)

cathtee
03-10-2012, 08:12 PM
I have resorted to wearing my wellies as my jeans were getting wrecked but as I can't hold an umbrella as I've got a pushchair its a bit of a nightmare![/QUOTE]

I have just bought a hands free umbrella that fits onto the pushchair tried it out today it's brill, look on e-bay its a bit pricey £18 ish plus p&p but well worth it:clapping:

blue bear
03-10-2012, 08:27 PM
I got a craghopper haddenbury, best shop around as you can get some good deals. It's fab properly waterproof and warm too.