PDA

View Full Version : toilet humour!

samb
02-10-2012, 07:49 PM
I am finding the toilet humour of my little ones very embarrassing! My ds and similar aged mindee have been saying things like "bum bum head" or "stinky pants" etc for a while now. I can generally keep ds at bay with "the look"! Mindee does it to try and get ds in trouble. Other mindee has started saying "bye bye stinky pants" etc now if I ask him to say goodbye when leaving toddlers etc.

Help! lol!

blue bear
02-10-2012, 09:06 PM
We don't say that here its not allowed, is my favourite saying at the moment. works wonders on rude word (toilet words! obsessed four year Old.

Kiddleywinks
03-10-2012, 06:16 AM
I am finding the toilet humour of my little ones very embarrassing! My ds and similar aged mindee have been saying things like "bum bum head" or "stinky pants" etc for a while now. I can generally keep ds at bay with "the look"! Mindee does it to try and get ds in trouble. Other mindee has started saying "bye bye stinky pants" etc now if I ask him to say goodbye when leaving toddlers etc.

Help! lol!

That's mild.... wait till boobies and will i es kick in too :laughing:

gegele
03-10-2012, 06:26 AM
my son went through the Poo poo head period when at nursery...now oh joy we have "big fat bum"
the his vocabulary and grammar is getting better.:D:D

except saying that this are not kind words and you don't want to hear them. unfortunately it's a phase they all go through.

ignoring it sometimes it's easier as they don't get the reaction they're looking for and stop.:thumbsup:

ziggy
03-10-2012, 06:30 AM
One of schoolies put a stop to this :laughing:

They were all eating tea one evening talking about poo and willies etc. G aged 7 said 'no toilet talk at the table' and after me repeating it a few times it worked.

primula
03-10-2012, 07:13 AM
I have this too! AND its getting worse.. 6yr old girl last night 'Do you know what the F word is?' Me. 'No' and walked into the kitchen casually trying to ignore it. 6yr pipes up with: 'Well is F****:eek:
Spoke to parent who was equally as shocked! she really is pushing my buttons at the mo..

samb
03-10-2012, 01:35 PM
I have this too! AND its getting worse.. 6yr old girl last night 'Do you know what the F word is?' Me. 'No' and walked into the kitchen casually trying to ignore it. 6yr pipes up with: 'Well is F****:eek:
Spoke to parent who was equally as shocked! she really is pushing my buttons at the mo..

:eek: My word!!!!

Wed also have poo poo head etc. I look after all boys (well one girl 1.5 hrs a week!) and unfortunately ignoring seems to just make them all do it til they are giggling hysterically! I know its a phase but it seems just as 1 is getting it out of their system another starts talking and they all start again! Oh well! I have to admit the first time my angelic mindee turned round and said it to an adult I had to choke back my laughter!

Pipsqueak
03-10-2012, 01:52 PM
Kids were eating a screwball after tea one night... got to the chewing gum bit...

told them not to swallow the gum....

P age 5 asked why...

so i said: when you fart you will blow a bit sticky bubble in your knickers and it will stick to you pants and bum cheeks....

sorry couldn't resist my own bit of toilet humour....:D

singingcactus
03-10-2012, 07:59 PM
I don't stress over it, I generally just join in. It's just one of the wonderful stages that all kids go through. It's normal and usual.

Boris
03-10-2012, 08:04 PM
:laughing: I think it's quite funny. Sometimes I'll play silly games with the LO's like sing a song and slip a toilet word in there to make them laugh! The other day the schoolies were getting a bit silly with the toilet talk at the table so I said "Right, after 3 everyone get out all the silly words and then we can behave sensibly at the table, 1, 2, 3 " and then we all shouted lots of silly words, laughed for ages and then ate tea calmly! So much fun!

samb
03-10-2012, 09:05 PM
Kids were eating a screwball after tea one night... got to the chewing gum bit...

told them not to swallow the gum....

P age 5 asked why...

so i said: when you fart you will blow a bit sticky bubble in your knickers and it will stick to you pants and bum cheeks....

sorry couldn't resist my own bit of toilet humour....:D

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

SammyM
05-10-2012, 06:15 PM
:laughing: I think it's quite funny. Sometimes I'll play silly games with the LO's like sing a song and slip a toilet word in there to make them laugh! The other day the schoolies were getting a bit silly with the toilet talk at the table so I said "Right, after 3 everyone get out all the silly words and then we can behave sensibly at the table, 1, 2, 3 " and then we all shouted lots of silly words, laughed for ages and then ate tea calmly! So much fun!

I Love this idea!!!!

dette
05-10-2012, 06:25 PM
Our 4 youngest kids are all boys aged 4,5 7 and 9 so its none stop toilet humour .the funniest was xmas eve my husband is the church organist and me and the kids joined him singing carols at mass in the organ loft..my then 8 year old sang at the top of his little sweet voice " OH BUM HOLEY FAITHFUL,JOYFUL AND TRIUMPHANT" i wish i'd thought of that when i was at school :laughing: