PDA

View Full Version : school website promoting after school club

mama2three
02-10-2012, 06:00 PM
Our school has a snazzy new website , under their extended services tab is a big ''advert'' for the local afterschool club.
Im going to approach them and ask them to put on a similar page to give details of local minders - but what wording shall I use to convince them ?
I know there have been similar threads but unable to find them through search. Thankyou.

samb
02-10-2012, 07:18 PM
My school won't do it - they are happy to have an advert up on the noticeboard that states there is no link between this organisation etc and having read another childminder's advert it made it sound a bit like "don't rouch her with a brage pole"!!! So I haven't advertised at the school. Sorry that's not much help!

I would state that you have been looking at ways to improve your partnership with other professionals and parents to be inline with the revised EYFS (state relvant bits) and so therefore think it would be really useful to be able to advertise your wrap around care on their website/bookbags/noticeboard etc?

miffy
02-10-2012, 09:55 PM
Our school is the same :rolleyes:

Your school might be more prepared to promote you if they are due a visit from Ofsted :D

Miffy xx

sonyach
02-10-2012, 10:02 PM
This really annoys me. I asked our head teacher if I could put my advertisement on the school board but she said no as she couldn't favour a particular individual. But the cheeky old mare had me handing out leaflets for the school the year before, I wish she'd ask me now I'd tell her exactly where I would favour shoving them!!!! :laughing:

EmmaReed84
03-10-2012, 05:04 AM
I asked my school and the head was lovely and so apologetic saying they are only allowed to direct parents to the FIS website, then she told me that I needed to make some amendments to my info on there as it bumps you to the top, then also advised me in a round about way that they cannot stop me handing out leaflets just outside the gate. :rolleyes:

She did say she would have loved a page on their website listing all the child carers who cater for their school. But they simply are not allowed.