PDA

View Full Version : notice and payment

Jacolynne
02-10-2012, 05:21 PM
Hi, ive given notice to a family who i have had for over a year, notice was given untill 25th oct, But the mum has come tonight to collect children and given me a letter stating this will be the childrens last week with me. It is the 4 wks notice, but said till end of term to give her time to find someone else ect. Anyway the end of this wk is fine, but i havent been paid from last month yet, payment date is 1st of each month i normally get an email from her saying she has put payment through (she pays by childcare vouchers) but ive not had anything and nothing from voucher company, (i know its only the 2nd) should i reissue invoice and add on this weeks childcare or wait it out? ive only been a childminder for a year and all this is new to me and really horriable :( Any info would be greatly appreciated good or bad ;)
Thanks in advance :)

rachelle
02-10-2012, 05:52 PM
Reissue and just put a 'thank you for your confirmation of xyzs last day with me. The total due up to and including the final session on ...... is £dfdfdfd

Please let me know how much is due in vouchers. The balance can be transferred straight into my account <details>

It has been a pleasure caring for xyz and we will all really miss them,

Goatgirl
02-10-2012, 05:59 PM
Hi :),
It does feel horrible and parents can take things so personally, but I bet they wouldn't think twice if they needed to give you notice! You turn back into a business or them then :rolleyes:

It could just be an oversight, but best to cover all possibilities.
I would respond immediately with a letter confirming receipt of her letter, agreeing that this can be their final week as it is 4 weeks since your notice was served (if that really is ok with you, otherwise she must give whatever the contract says).
Then I would set out what fees are still due and when they must be paid by.

As I was handing letter to Mum I would say it is confirmation of end of contract and also mention that fees have not gone through yet, its usually done by now so you need to know whether she's authorised payment yet etc.

I would then give till the end of the week and if still not forthcoming, then send a letter stating what action you will take if fees are not paid in full by x/x/x

For future contracts I would always take payment in advance and write in to the contract that in case of fees being late or unpaid you reserve the right to refuse care. :thumbsup:

Hopefully money will turn up soon :thumbsup:

Jacolynne
02-10-2012, 07:36 PM
Thank you so much for advice/info. I have done invoices again and included this weeks fees, also written a letter with it. Fingers crossed this week goes smoothly!! ;) x