PDA

View Full Version : Completing an application to vary or remove conditions

Sophiopolous
02-10-2012, 03:27 PM
Hi there!

I've received a form to request my mum as an assistant and getting a bit confused by some of the questions, so was wondering if anyone would be able to help me please? I've tried contacting Ofsted today but I was on hold for about 20 minutes...

Space:

'Taking into account usable indoor space requirements please confirm the total space to provide care in square metres'.
It says to look at page 35 of the statutory framework but the version I have only goes up to page 29 :S

Also, it asks me to complete a table of the number of children I wish to care for in each age range *Under 1 years, birth to fifth birthday, and total of children under 8). The question is when working alone and how many with 1 assistant. I don't know whether they mean per day or per week?

Any help would be appreciated as I'd like to get the form sent of as soon as possible. At the moment I have 4 kids *2x 4 year old, 1x 9 year old and 1x 10 year old* and I am currently advertising everywhere I can *people are saying they want me but mostly times when I have school runs, this is where my mum would come in handy*

Tatjana
02-10-2012, 04:11 PM
It sounds like they have sent you the wrong form, I filled in that form and it was returned to me.:angry:

Can't remember what the correct form is atm, hopefully someone will be along to let you know.

sarah707
02-10-2012, 05:04 PM
Do you want to increase your numbers when working with your mum?

If so you need to show that you have enough space in your house and to indicate what you want to do - that's what the form is about.

These are the space requirements - best get your tape measure out!!

3.56 The premises and equipment must be organised in a way that meets the needs of children. In registered provision, providers must meet the following indoor space requirements. These calculations should be based on the net or useable areas of the rooms used by the children, not including storage areas, thoroughfares, dedicated staff areas, cloakrooms, utility rooms, kitchens and toilets –
• Children under two years: 3.5 m2 per child.
• Two year olds: 2.5 m2 per child.
• Children aged three to five years: 2.3 m2 per child.

Don't forget if you intend to go over 6 under 8 with 2 of you working together you MUST enquire about planning permission first.

Hth :D

Sophiopolous
02-10-2012, 10:01 PM
Ah thank you for the info about the space requirements!
I wasn't too sure about the form myself, I would like to increase my numbers but not even sure by how many, think that's where I got a bit confused, as at the moment I have only 4 and the others who are interested may be using nurseries soon as they need immediate care :( Hopefully they'll answer the phone tomorrow and I can find out if I'm definitely doing it right...I'm a bit of a worry wart hehe.

Thank you both so much for getting back to me :D