PDA

View Full Version : Hauck freerider tandem ?

Little Pickles
02-10-2012, 10:24 AM
Has anyone got this ? I am looking for a tandom and would rather not buy a Phil& teds cause they are so expensive !

chez
02-10-2012, 10:33 AM
A minder friend has one and is happy with hers.

Mouse
02-10-2012, 10:45 AM
I have the Hauck Duett tandem & love it. It is quite chunky, but it's a doddle to push and the children have so much space in it. I walk to toddler groups with my cm friend who has a P&T and the child in the bottom seems so cramped.

If the Hauck Freerider is anywhere near as good I'd go for it!

VeggieSausage
02-10-2012, 12:20 PM
i have a hauck single buggy and it is brill, nice high handles too....

samb
02-10-2012, 12:36 PM
Just had a look at the buggy you are asking about - looks nice. I have the hauck duett and a phil and teds. I bought the hauck and loved it. Amazingly adaptive with being able to turn the top seat to face you or turn very easily into a carry cot style with a huuuuuge basket even with child in bottom seat. However the small front wheels just don't cut it in the fields and woods and I managed to slightly bend my handlebar by having to struggle on rough terrain. I then bought a phil and teds off ebay. It is so much lighter and easier to push then the hauck but is not as adaptable and has hardly any basket space. In fact I even have to use the double seat with only 1 child just so I can put bags in! Looking at the hauck you are interested in it looks half way between the 2. The big wheels would hopefully make it easier to use off road than the duett but still looks like a small basket like the phil and teds. I think it is really hard to find a buggy that does everything you want. I can't believe I have 2 buggies now! I have hurt my back and so am using the p and t at the moment even on pavements as I really need it light and easy to push but the lack of basket is really bothering me now. And as the lower seat doesn't have a hood (the duett does) if you hang a bag on the handle bars it will be on the lower child's head. :rolleyes:

samb
02-10-2012, 12:38 PM
Oh and also, the p and t's goes up to a heavier weight child in the top seat than my hauck. I would check that if you have large children.

Little Pickles
02-10-2012, 07:57 PM
Thank you all for your advice . I think I might go for it !
I spoke to the Buggy Pod people and they think that a buggy pod should fit it too so looks like it could be fit for one , two or three !!!
:)

Mouse
02-10-2012, 08:10 PM
Thank you all for your advice . I think I might go for it !
I spoke to the Buggy Pod people and they think that a buggy pod should fit it too so looks like it could be fit for one , two or three !!!
:)

The only thing I'd say about that is that I had a buggy pod on a 3 wheeler tandem pushchair & it made it very unsteady. The whole thing (pushchair & buggy pod) would tip over sideways. I didn't ever have that problem with a 4 wheeler pushchair.

Little Pickles
02-10-2012, 08:56 PM
The only thing I'd say about that is that I had a buggy pod on a 3 wheeler tandem pushchair & it made it very unsteady. The whole thing (pushchair & buggy pod) would tip over sideways. I didn't ever have that problem with a 4 wheeler pushchair.

Oh golly gosh ! Thanks for that advice ! I need to look at a tandem 4 wheeler then ! I currently have a side by side double and have borrowed a triple but I hate it ! So I need a tandem to give the flexiblity of being able to add the third seat when needed ( with buggy pod ) :panic:

samb
03-10-2012, 01:40 PM
The hauck duett is a 4 wheel tandem. :)