PDA

View Full Version : Ridiculous glue gun question

edayhouse
01-10-2012, 04:03 PM
Can anyone tell me what exactly is a glue gun? How does it work? What do you use if for? Never seen one but getting fed up with pritt sticks and glue tubs!
Thanks in advance
X

silvermist
01-10-2012, 04:06 PM
A glue gun is usually electrical or battery operated. You insert hard tubes of glue into it and it heats the glue so you can use it to stick more tricky things such as twigs etc. They are really strong as once glue melts then sets again it sets strong. Hth xx

Twinkles
01-10-2012, 04:28 PM
It also gets extremely hot and is not suitable for children to use.

silvermist
01-10-2012, 05:08 PM
It also gets extremely hot and is not suitable for children to use.

Ooops! I forgot to mention that bit!!:blush:

sillysausage
01-10-2012, 06:35 PM
With very careful 1 to 1 supervision and knowing the kids well, with regard to their abilities and how much they take notice of instructions I have allowed some mindees (not all) aged 6+ to use the glue-gun.

tialil
01-10-2012, 06:51 PM
I bought a cordless one the other day as it was far much easier to answer the door with than having to keep unplugging my other one. Looks quite funny answering the door with one of those in your hand :p

It does get really hot, the glue and part of the gunbut when you get it on your fingers it is like hot wax ... ouch ;).

I use it to stick magnets on the back of their fridge magnets, for when normal glue is not quite strong enough like when making wall hangers etc.

PixiePetal
01-10-2012, 07:45 PM
I have broken mine and getting a new one this week - unless I can take it apart and replace the bit that fell off inside :rolleyes:

so useful. Dries so quick and great for cardboard tubes :thumbsup: