PDA

View Full Version : how much work for over 5s?

littlecheeks
01-10-2012, 03:08 PM
hello, i have two mindees who have just turned 5 and now out of the eyfs stage. i just wondered how much you all do now they dont have learning jorneys anymore?
i still want to keep something on there general development, interests etc but would be useful to compare to what others do?
thanks

JCrakers
01-10-2012, 04:20 PM
I don't do any paperwork for this age. Just ensure they are safe and enjoying themselves.

Play will include everything from EYFS anyway so I just let them get on with it. When they have been at school all day they don't want to do anything other than play and rest.

sarah707
01-10-2012, 05:14 PM
The Eyfs 2012 says that once children are in full time school we no longer have to deliver the full Eyfs.

Mine are all given the option of doing scrapbooks - some do and some don't.

Hth :D

dette
01-10-2012, 06:17 PM
The Eyfs 2012 says that once children are in full time school we no longer have to deliver the full Eyfs.

Mine are all given the option of doing scrapbooks - some do and some don't.

Hth :D

My DO said that i need to continue EYFS in full with my mindee who will be 5 in october until end of receptio year !!!! ...what should i be doin

littlecheeks
02-10-2012, 01:10 PM
My DO said that i need to continue EYFS in full with my mindee who will be 5 in october until end of receptio year !!!! ...what should i be doin

yes children are still in the eyfs age group at 5 until the end of august past their 5th birthday.
if they turn 5 in oct you need to continue until august 2013.
my two mindess by chance turned 5 in may/june so now out of the eyfs. it is basically until the end of reception year.

p.s thank you sarah!

littlecheeks
02-10-2012, 01:13 PM
yes children are still in the eyfs age group at 5 until the end of august past their 5th birthday.
if they turn 5 in oct you need to continue until august 2013.
my two mindess by chance turned 5 in may/june so now out of the eyfs. it is basically until the end of reception year.

p.s thank you sarah!

oo just thought, you wont need to do as much as your offering wrap around care i.e after full time school. you can keep learning journeys to a minimum

Rubybubbles
02-10-2012, 01:18 PM

nope it states that we dont have to now, something to do with wrap around care (darn, cant find it in the statutory book right now lol!!)

sarah707
02-10-2012, 05:16 PM
EYFS 2012 requirement 1.3 -

Wrap around (care offered before and after a school day, e.g. by an after school club or by a childminder) and holiday providers (provision exclusively in the school holidays) should be guided by, but do not necessarily need to meet, all the learning and development requirements. Practitioners should discuss with parents and/or carers (and other practitioners and providers as appropriate) the support they intend to offer, seeking to complement learning in settings in which children spend more time.

The children are still in the EYFS but we don't have to deliver the full EYFS such as observing, assessing etc.

We must instead speak to parents and other provisions about how we can complement their care and learning.

hth :D

dette
03-10-2012, 06:47 AM
thanks x makes it easier