PDA

View Full Version : work for job centre

ChocolateChip
01-10-2012, 12:01 PM
Hi,
Have been asked to have a schoolie for a short term contract while mum does a course, the job centre will be paying for it, have had a phone call from them, apparently the lady I spoke needs to wait for her manager to authorise my payments.
Have got an ad hoc contract, any advice about the fact that is it a third party paying, should I get someone from the job centre to sign the contract?
Obviously don't want to end up working for nothing!

Straws
01-10-2012, 07:51 PM
I have a child where the job centre pays, you just fill in a form and it gets paid four weeks in arrears, they dont need to sign the contract.
Straws xx

Babycat
01-10-2012, 09:58 PM
The parent should sign the contract and be made aware they are in charge of tge hours and fees they use. So that if they dont tend and send child or any similar reason you have made it clear from the start.

HTH, Pamela x

bunyip
02-10-2012, 07:05 AM
NCMA contract notes recommend that any 3rd party should sign the contract.

That said, I don't know any CMs who've managed to make that happen. You'll possibly not find any Job Centre manager who's prepared to take the responsibility: it would leave them liable to pay if the mum failed to turn up for training, gave you insufficient notice, or broke contract in some other way.

I think you need to make the mum understand that she is ultimately liable for the payment.

ChocolateChip
03-10-2012, 09:06 AM
Thanks for the replies and advice. :)
The lady that phoned from the job centre the other day said that they would have forms to send me to authorise my payments so I will wait until I see their paperwork and then give them a ring about it.