PDA

View Full Version : SLEEPING BABY MONITORING

silvermist
01-10-2012, 11:24 AM
Hi I apologise if this is a stupid question but... Do you fill in monitoring sheets for just babies or toddlers as well?

Gherkin
01-10-2012, 11:36 AM
I complete daily diaries for under 3's/those who cannot tell mums/dads what they are doing yet. Includes: toileting, meals, sleeps and activities.

silvermist
01-10-2012, 11:40 AM
Thanks for reply. Yes I have them too, I was told to check a sleeping baby every 5 mins and log it but just wondering if people do this for toddlers too. x

JCrakers
01-10-2012, 01:16 PM
Logging is something I've never done so sorry cant help. I really couldn't be doing with logging every so often so I'm glad I've not been told this :D

Sounds good though

AliceK
01-10-2012, 01:29 PM
I log the sleep times but not when I've checked and I certainly wouldn't be checking every 5 mins. I can hear through a monitor and depending on the child I might sneak in the room and visually check usually just after I've put them down but if I checked every 5 mins most of the LO's I've had would be waking up.

xxxx

sarah707
01-10-2012, 05:23 PM
I log the times little ones have slept and I check them regularly - but I don't write down when they have been checked :D

silvermist
01-10-2012, 05:24 PM
Thank you for replies xx

rickysmiths
01-10-2012, 05:26 PM
I put on daily sheets the times the little ones have slept but I certainly don't get up and check every 5 mins, mind you I can here them from where I am when they are asleep anyway. I go and have a peep every now and then but I don't record it.

hectors house
01-10-2012, 05:39 PM
I check babies under one every 30 mins and older toddlers and children every 50 mins - and state this in my Health & Safety policy, I don't log this info - I just do it and write on daily sheets what times child slept from. I have a monitor in the baby's room but not in other rooms.

I tend to try to get them all up in bed at the same time each day so know that if they go up at 1 pm, I check the baby at 1.30, and then others and baby again just before 2 pm.

I visited a nursery recently and I thought they had to have someone sitting with sleeping children at all times, but they don't have to - this Nursery manages to get 6 babies under one asleep all at same time, in cots in same room - they just use a listening monitor and door has glass panel in, I thought they would have used a video monitor but they don't have to.

I use the time when mindees are sleeping to clear away and wash lunch things, write up observations and prepare afternoons activities - no time for checking every 5 mins!