PDA

View Full Version : phayhouses

mushpea
30-09-2012, 09:34 PM
Someone is giving us a 5ft square wooden playhouse bit what shoud I put in it? I have a muc kitchen which would fit but not sure if I want that in there, what do you have in your playhouses.

appleblossom
01-10-2012, 06:29 AM
Ours is the same size as yours. I change what is in ours depending on the interests of the day. Sometimes it just has a little table and chairs in it, sometimes a kitchen, sometimes it's a "home" with doll's cot, high chair, etc. Sometimes it's used as a creative area with crayons, pens, paper, stickers in there. It often has a chalk board and chalks in it.

We have painted the inside of ours sea green/blue and stencilled fish and other sea things on the walls. We have little curtains on the windows and when it's snack time we often lay the table with a little tablecloth which matches the curtains. We also have window boxes on two of the windows in which the children plant seeds in the spring.

Unfortunately there comes a time of the year when we stop using it much as it is outside and it tends to get damp in the colder weather. So around the time the clocks change I bring in the curtains and any other fabric items so they don't get mouldy.

miffy
01-10-2012, 06:57 AM
Why not ask the children for their ideas and then rotate what's in there.

Miffy xx

mushpea
01-10-2012, 10:08 AM
Ours is the same size as yours. I change what is in ours depending on the interests of the day. Sometimes it just has a little table and chairs in it, sometimes a kitchen, sometimes it's a "home" with doll's cot, high chair, etc. Sometimes it's used as a creative area with crayons, pens, paper, stickers in there. It often has a chalk board and chalks in it.

We have painted the inside of ours sea green/blue and stencilled fish and other sea things on the walls. We have little curtains on the windows and when it's snack time we often lay the table with a little tablecloth which matches the curtains. We also have window boxes on two of the windows in which the children plant seeds in the spring.

Unfortunately there comes a time of the year when we stop using it much as it is outside and it tends to get damp in the colder weather. So around the time the clocks change I bring in the curtains and any other fabric items so they don't get mouldy.
I love the idea of a chalk board in there and the window boxes are great too, just have to tell the other half now that I want them ! I was thinking of painting it and putting flowers and bits on the outside but the fish idea is good, i think i will ask the children which they prefer