PDA

View Full Version : how far do you go?

gegele
30-09-2012, 07:10 PM
i have a parent that contacted me a month ago wanting care for 2 lo, 1 is attending pre school. at the time i was quite happy not to have the work and i said i have space but don't do the nursery run.

then hubby drop the bomb shell about his job and mindee mum about looking at moving... so I now NEED to work.

i saw that mum was still looking so i contacted her and advise her on an other "childminding group" who does picks up...

she said they were too expensive and had terrible phone manners!!

i said i'm happy to help if i can but can't do pm pick up as too hard with other school run. she now came back and said son does am which i could do and asked how much i charge.
now at the mo i haven't got sibling and always said that for part timers i wouldn't do sibbling fees BUT if that makes the deal......??
i had that gap 3yrs and never had inquiery for it?

so i normally charge £3.75 and said i would do oldest at £3.25 and i would only charge her 1h of the 3h nursery session when son is away for my travelling as i have to cross town by car.

it's not much of a discount but how low do you go??

loocyloo
30-09-2012, 07:13 PM
i discount the elder sibling at 50p per hour IF BOTH children attend for more than 25hrs a week ( as i charge when at preschool, i would include preschool hours in the 25 )

good luck.

gegele
30-09-2012, 07:26 PM
i don't know the hours but i'm pretty sure they won't be here that long as it's only 2 day care.

VeggieSausage
30-09-2012, 07:26 PM
no discount here x

blue bear
30-09-2012, 07:29 PM
I dont do sibling discount and charge full whilst at pre school

Tatjana
30-09-2012, 08:24 PM
I have a mindee who goes to nursery and I charge £20 less a week when at nursery and then the £20 is added back on for holidays.

I do think your discount if very fair.

karen m
30-09-2012, 08:44 PM
No discount here

The Juggler
30-09-2012, 09:01 PM
i don't offer a discount hon but if I did, I would EITHER offer a discounted hourly rate OR no fee for the hours at preschool - not both. you are being VERY generous. she is a lucky mummy

gegele
30-09-2012, 09:10 PM
it's what i;m thinking as well :(

i just need the security of that little income more and as i said i never had inquiery for thurs and fri it's alway mon to wed.

we'll see.

i never did discount either but never had the nursery situ before...